Alfa Romeo Forums banner

421 - 432 of 432 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
What have you done with the trunk on your Giulia Sprint GT? If I'm not mistaken, from the factory they were fitted with rubber mats that covered the fuel tank, spare wheel, and also the inner fenders and area behind the seat. I opted to have carpeted panels installed and am considering adding some more carpet to the rest of the trunk. I'm curious what solutions others have come up with. I know it's not factory original, but sometimes utility must prevail.

-tj in the Cruz Mtns

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
For my 67 Sprint GT Veloce I bought the repro. 'rubber' matting for the Boot/Trunk from one of 'The Usual Suspects'. Looks pretty much like the original matting I had that was damaged (splits) in a few places. I think it suits the car and is practical. As you suggest, it covers the entire interior of the Boot bar the inside of the Lid in mine, which I think is correct.

Andrew

·
Administrator
12,915 Posts
You need something otherwise a unrestrained golf club, for example, will make a dent in the sides of your car

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #424
I have actually taken the Giulia to play golf before....my clubs fit in the trunk, only just. That said, it's the rare exception rather than the rule that I do so.

You need something otherwise a unrestrained golf club, for example, will make a dent in the sides of your car

Pete

-tj

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
Do you have a photo that you can share?

-tj in the Cruz Mtns

For my 67 Sprint GT Veloce I bought the repro. 'rubber' matting for the Boot/Trunk from one of 'The Usual Suspects'. Looks pretty much like the original matting I had that was damaged (splits) in a few places. I think it suits the car and is practical. As you suggest, it covers the entire interior of the Boot bar the inside of the Lid in mine, which I think is correct.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Not too tricky to cut your own...this is just cheap outdoor/marine stuff, not even edged.
But tucked together closely you can’t see any seams.
Did the interior too, but got that edged. I’ll probably upgrade to a Quality full set ‘one day’.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #427
Nice work! I see you put your jack in its original location. Do you just pull the carpet back to get to your spare?

Not too tricky to cut your own...this is just cheap outdoor/marine stuff, not even edged.
But tucked together closely you can’t see any seams.
Did the interior too, but got that edged. I’ll probably upgrade to a Quality full set ‘one day’.
-tj in the Cruz Mtns

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Yeah. I cut a couple of small squares out of the carpet which slip over jack’s the holding clamps.

·
Administrator
12,915 Posts
Well don't take a photo of trousers this time :D

Pete

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
It's always amusing here to see the different words used to describe things by people speaking the same language. My favourite is Wings/Fenders/Guards... Oops, more off topic.

421 - 432 of 432 Posts