Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Looking to replace some sun-faded parts with NOS or good used parts now I've had the '79 Alfetta GT / sprint veloce repainted.

- Vitaloni Tornado mirror, driver's side (I'm able to find a replacement for the passenger-side Baby Tornado, but the slightly larger Tornado is more elusive)
- exterior door handles (chrome/black, not black/black like GTV6s have)
- front grills
- trunk button
- wipers & spray nozzles

Some other nice-to-have bits:
- trunk trim: bottom and forward carpet (including clips), vinyl/cardboard side panels, plastic rear panel
- dashboard
- fasteners to hold the jack in the engine compartment (mine was just laying in the trunk)

If you have any other random interior/exterior trim bits, let me know since I may be able to use them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I will look today. I think I have a nice Vitaloni down in the garage. I just don't remember which side. The carpets in the trunk, I made my own with some similar material sold at Pepboys and the side panels were made from some thin board sold at Home Depot and covered to match with the stuff from Pep Boys. I am pretty sure I have a rear trunk plastic panel. They are made of real thin material and brake real easy. By wipers do you mean the arms? Got'em. Door handles do you mean the long ones on the inside of doors? Got'em. I think I have a trunk button/lock. The fastner to hold the jack in the engine is a screw. I may also have one. I have a lot of stuff. Let me know if you need anything else.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Alfetta bits

Chris,
If Italcarnut can't help you I have the plastic piece for the trunk, the grills, I believe the side panels for the trunk. Would have to look for the door handles and trunk lock.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I have two of those plastic trunk panel, and I found a good working trunk lock with the plastic a bit faded from the sun, and the vitaloni is real nice but it's the passenger side. The front grills I can't help you with.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
italcarnut and scarico, where are you located? Given the fragility of some of these plastic bits, I'm thinking a drive up to Novato might be the most sensible approach.

italcarnut, sorry for not being clear - what I'm looking for are the exterior door handles. I'll edit the original post, let me know if you have those.

If anybody has the interior armrests (driver & passenger sides) in good shape, mine are cracked from sun exposure.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I have the armrests if needed. I am located in Pittsburgh. I would have to pack the trunk panel very carefuly. That would add to the cost of shipping. I'll check on the door handles, but chances are they will be sun damaged.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Scarico, emailed you for pics of the grills.

italcarnut, can you PM me pics of the trunk panels you've got, the armrests, and the vitaloni tornado, along with price?

Shipping would be to 94110.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Since there was more than one request for armrests... I have a few sets of nice ones from GTV6s. I may not have the two trim pieces, but certainly the arm rests.

Not trying to highjack the original sale. Just offering an option in case Italcarnut can't help everyone.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for reviving the thread - I still need the following for the car:

- trunk button
- spray nozzles
- antenna (5/8" hole mounted on top of left rear "flying buttress" that frames the hatch)
- driver & passenger armrests (thanks for the offers back in July - I'm looking for something with no nicks/cracks since the ones already on the car are cracked but functional)

- trunk trim: bottom and forward carpet (including clips), vinyl/cardboard side panels, plastic rear panel
- NOS front grills ('79 style with just horizontal slats)
- dashboard
- fasteners to hold the jack in the engine compartment (mine was just laying in the trunk)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
If I'm not speaking out of place... I'd likely have several door card sets (Alfetta and GTV6 style), two very good arm rests, GTV6 style dashboard. And possibly spray nozzles and plastic rear panel (depending on what you mean by that). Plus, maybe the clip for the jack.

Please check with those who made earlier offers than me first. I don't wanna be the guy who jumps the line at the supermarket.

Thanks, Peter
[email protected]

·
Registered
221 Posts
are the grills on, say, a '79 with no chrome trim, different from the grills that come with the trim? i ask because i was looking at my grill, which has no chrome trim, and it looked like it had grooves for eventually mounting the trim if i wanted it. so basically i figured all grills were the same, it's just some came with the trim. am i wrong?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Revised list:

- trunk button
- driver & passenger armrests (I'm looking for something with no nicks/cracks since the ones already on the car are cracked but functional)
- visor clips (got broken during the resto.... at least the windshield didn't break when it came out, but argh)

- trunk trim: bottom and forward carpet (including clips), vinyl/cardboard side panels
- dashboard

1 - 20 of 20 Posts