Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my visors. I.A.P. lists replacements that "are not original" but will fit. I wonder:rolleyes: I need the visors for an '87 Veloce. Any satisfied customers out there who have relaced their visors? And yes, I do use them.

pjn

·
Registered
471 Posts
I purchased mine from Centerline for an '86 Veloce and am happy with them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
visors

Check the catalogues for Fiat and Alfa replacement parts as I think they fit each other. I have heard to look at the Fiat replacements. They have the metal pins rather than plastic and they fit more snugly. As such they do not flop in the breeze.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sun Visors

There are two types of sun visors. The one to look for has stitching around the perimeter. Without the stitching, the inside stuffing soon begins to lose its shape and they look awful. The perimeter stitching holds the stuffing in place and they remain looking good for years. The visors that I have came out of a mid-80s Spider and they still look good.

Yes, Fiats DO have the metal connectors and they do hold up better.

The Fiat and Alfa visors are interchangable (I have both a couple of Alfa Spiders and a Fiat X1/9). Quite a few of the Fiat guys will use other visors from a local U-Pull-It which can also be altered to fit. One guy that I know had to yield to the desires of his better half, who insisted that if she were going to ride in his Fiat, it had to have a sun visor with a lighted mirror, so that she could comb her hair!!

Dean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts