Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thrilled to have Peter drop by and visit us in Alabama tonight. He was on a business trip to Birmingham and came by the house. We introduced him to Alabama BBQ, which I have had to learn here as brisket is fairly hard to come by, enjoyed some Belgian beer, and watched a couple of episodes of Top Gear. Not much else to do as when he got here, we were entering about hour 40 of 48 hours of continuous rain here. Wish we could send some back to Austin with him.

Always interesting conversation pieces when you come visit me here south of the Tennessee River. My neighbor across the street from me has a car buried into one of the trees in his front yard. It was there this morning, and it's still there now. No one has come by to claim it yet.

·
Registered
1965 Giulia TI/1998 Spider
3,938 Posts
It was really great to see you Larry, thank you and Belinda for the wonderful food and wonderful company. Your Alabama oak smoked pulled pork was to die for! Hope to see you guys again soon!

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
What!!!!!!
No ALFA pie??????:eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't bake pie in the rain. To depressing.

On the lighter side, the owner of the car in my neighbor's yard came to ask if she could have her car back. It's free from the tree now and still as of this writing, waiting for a tow truck. It's been in the neighbor's front yard for a full week now.

·
Registered
1965 Giulia TI/1998 Spider
3,938 Posts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And the wrecked car was moved today, Peter. Two weeks sitting in the neighbor's yard. Nobody's in a hurry here!

Belinda has been in TX all this week but is heading back today. I just talked to her and she's almost back here now. Only 3 hours away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts