Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Can anyone offer some advice (other than getting the whole roof re-covered)on what to do with a very small hole that's appearing in my vinyl roof....?

Many Thanks

Adam

·
Registered
505 Posts
Depends first of all on whether the hole is confined to the vinyl itself or is it due to rust in the metal roof?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Joseph,

Luckily there's no rust under the vinyl roof, it looks as though the material is parting ever so slightly...any ideas?

Many thanks

·
Registered
561 Posts
Why not get rid of the vinyl roof,alfa never intended the gtv to have one.From what i have read the se options were dealer add ons to sell slow moving stock and are in my opinion a little tacky.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice Nero....I think if you saw her you'd be saying the opposite...Dutch Blue with a beige roof looks anything but tacky!

I have however replaced the black front grill with a chrome one!

·
Registered
505 Posts
I would not remove anything surely if there is no rust underneath.

The SE was one of the last mohicans, of which only a few have been produced, and in my point of view, surely a good example should be treasured and kept original whatever the reason was for fixing the vinyl roof.

As to what concerns the repair, ther are various products out there for repairing vinyl and if the damage is small, you can repair it to neary invisible levels. I will have a look on the net and let you know where you can obtain a good product. I know a product for leather which I use myself for restoring my leather upholstery and I am quite sure there is a comparable one for vinyl.

I'll get back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Joseph..thank you kindly!!

I couldn't agree more regarding the SE. It is fast becoming a very rare car and my aim has been to restore the car over time to make it one of the best examples around.

Its most definitely a head turner!!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Any photos, never seen ones of these beaties in the flesh. Anyone ever seen a Radford modified sprint GT, square headlights and wirewheels. Nasty stuff.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Hopefully this will work...
Actually that doesn't look to bad, I was expecting something really garish. Tell you what I have never been a big fan of is the sunroofs, it seems to ruin the lines of the roof too much for my liking. Thanks for that.

P

·
Registered
1,373 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Im not a 2000 fan(never have been, hardcore 1750 man me) but this is sort of growing on me, I wonder if there are anymore on the BB, obviously a UK mod, so given the climate can't imagine too many around, what with the nailed :eek: on roof.

Here is the only circumstance I would permit a sun roof, Giallo ochre 1750, a bit of posh totty hanging out of the car. Apparently this was a Sainsbury's Ad (I left the UK in 03, so I didn't see it), but I wonder if it got much air time ? Love to see it if anyone has it.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now that's what i call the perfect scenario!!

Think that was one belonging to Gran Turismo engineering....i don't remember ever seeing the ad though!

A '69 1750 is certainly on my wish list!!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Now that's what i call the perfect scenario!!

Think that was one belonging to Gran Turismo engineering....i don't remember ever seeing the ad though!

A '69 1750 is certainly on my wish list!!
Yeah I remember seeing it a Gran Turisimo in 02. I used to always enjoy visiting Simon's garage.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Im not a 2000 fan(never have been, hardcore 1750 man me) but this is sort of growing on me, I wonder if there are anymore on the BB, obviously a UK mod, so given the climate can't imagine too many around, what with the nailed :eek: on roof.

Here is the only circumstance I would permit a sun roof, Giallo ochre 1750, a bit of posh totty hanging out of the car. Apparently this was a Sainsbury's Ad (I left the UK in 03, so I didn't see it), but I wonder if it got much air time ? Love to see it if anyone has it.
I dont care, advert or not - she'd better not have shoes on.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts