Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling a Period correct,original Colombo/ACL air intake adapter and 2 cast aluminum curved stacks for dual 40mm Weber carburetors(sorry,this is all I have).I was told that this came off of a GTV,but I have no proof.Having the short,curved stacks,I thought it might work on a Giulietta spider,but would take too many modifications,so passing it on.Best offer.Regards,Phil

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,242 Posts
Hi Phil, those are 2 Sprint stacks. The ACL plate is early, maybe '64. I've one like it without the notches for the bottom Weber studs. Yours would make choke changes easier.

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi Phil, those are 2 Sprint stacks. The ACL plate is early, maybe '64. I've one like it without the notches for the bottom Weber studs. Yours would make choke changes easier.
Thanks for that Gordon.So 1964' as in a 101 Sprint,and possibly a 750 Sprint as well??

·
Super Moderator
12,242 Posts
750 DCO3 has different stud pattern. The ACL's to my knowledge were all DCOE. 40's common, 45's much less so.
Sprint is not Alfa Sprint, but a curved stack and plate manufacturer in Italy, I believe no longer in business. The Sprint curved stacks you have are less used looking than most. The owner of a Sprint set-up could use the extra stacks. The ACL plate had its own stacks, early were straight, later they used a straight stack bolted to an aluminum 90 degree casting that fit in the ACL plate. These were all Alfa specific and sold through the Autodelta catalog.

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gordon,Thanks for explaining all of this,I appreciate the information and others looking at this should too.Your assemblies are very,very nice,thanks again,Phil

·
Super Moderator
12,242 Posts
Your component parts are very good Phil, and your pricing as very reasonable. I think a curved stack Sprint system owner might grab those 2 stacks as spares for ones not as nice. Further, the ACL plate could easily be used with currently available shorty bolt on stacks for about any race build using 40DCOE's or by opening the 4 ports with a mill to 45 DCOE's. If you get offers, you might sell plate and stacks to two different buyers. These are GOOD, no longer available, components!

·
Super Moderator
12,242 Posts
Good purchase Roger!

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Hi Gordon ! Sadly I wasn’t quick enough on the draw....
There’s a few ahead of me via PMs. Hopefully another one will come along !

·
Super Moderator
12,242 Posts
As an Alfa Weber restorer, these parts are not an easy find. My comments in this thread are due to my own thoughts about the offered parts!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts