Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their 1982-83 vintage Campagnolo Daytona wheels powder coated?

I found a place to take mine, now have two concerns: (1) Is it safe to powder coat this magnesium-aluminum alloy wheel and (2) what color silver best matches stock? I know about Polaris silver 060, but how do I translate this into a powder coat color? I have no sample to start from.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
It should not be a problem powder coating your wheels. Early ones have a high mag content and can "gas out" when baked causing the powdercoat to bubble. Yours are later and woun't do this.
The powder coat shop should have panels made up in all of their available colors. Try to get the lightest shade of silver with the smallest flake particles. Maybe you can compare the color to your spare rim if it is in good shape. The spare spends most of its time out of the sun and elements, so it could be close to its original color.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That's good news on the wheels. Wasn't looking forward to painting them myself.

As for the spare, I'm looking for another Campy Daytona. What I have now is a 14" steel wheel that was on the car decades ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts