Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be moving from Glendale, CA to Ventura, CA soon. I have been going to Alfa Italia in Burbank for a number of years and looking for someone closer. Any recommendations out there?

I have a 1984 Spider Veloce

·
Registered
768 Posts
@ronb There's a GTV on BaT that mentions it was refurbished by Anvil Motor Sports. This appears to be up the 101 freeway from you in Santa Barbara. (I know, not around the corner.)

Anvil Motor Sports

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi Ron,
When you make the move I am the British racing green spider with black top and panasports running around town in Ventura. I work downtown and live in the keys. Mine is still used as a daily driver. Emilio at A and A imports in Santa Barbara is the man. His father helped import the first Alfas to the West Coast. His prices are fair and his knowledge of the cars can't be beaten.

Welcome to town. There are 2 other Alfas that I know of. Guy we call alfa jay has a red 74 that is immaculate (he used to work on them but doesn't anymore, long story there) and a young girl has a black 91 that is presently for sale on craigslist. Her dad is a long time friend of mine and does a great job of keeping her car running.

Ventura Alfa

·
Registered
1975 Spider
107 Posts
Have you mad the move already? What a nice place! I was just up there eating some fish tacos.

Anyhow, how did you like Alfa Italia? I’m looking for a shop down here, I’m in Pasadena.

·
Registered
325 Posts
ShortFinSoup...thanks for your comment re: the stained glass. I'm in Alhambra, so being in Pasadena your drive would be shorter than mine to Santo's Italian in Northridge. I've been happy with Santo's and Anthony's work for years. It's a great place to check out even if you end up somewhere else.

·
Registered
1975 Spider
107 Posts
Santo’s is definitely on my short list.
I remember seeing a blue GTV with a Santo’s banner when I lived in Eagle Rock.

·
Registered
325 Posts
When in ER...any affiliation with Oxy?

·
Registered
1975 Spider
107 Posts
I lived there back in the 80s, than again from 95-2009. I didn’t go to Oxy, but would go near there on occasion to purchase “things”.

·
Registered
325 Posts
"Things"?
I was a student there '65 -'69 and have been an ***'t track coach (pole vault) 1978- now (if we even have a season).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts