Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am struggling to find the manufacturing company , model name , part number of the classic Alfa mirror used not only on Alfa , but Italian exotics as well. Anyone have this information?
Typically this Alfa mirror has a pebble grain on the mount top to distinquish it from the Porsche Durant mirror, which has a smooth mount.
thanks
Craig

Attachments

·
Registered
759 Posts
Reproduction Mirror

Craig,

The dealer in Frankfurt, Germany, who sold my '65 Giulia Sprint GT installed that same mirror for the first owner, and I still have the mirror. There're no identifying marks inside or out and I don't know which of the likely suspects might have made the thing. But there is a great Italian-made reproduction available -heck, maybe they've been making them all along! - identical to the old ones (except without the bubbles under the chrome!), down to the texture on the top of the base and the distance between mounting holes.

I bought one from Centerline, part # OM555.

Centerline Products: OM555 Mirror Round Exterior

Chuck

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,049 Posts
That mirror was frequently installed on US 69 Spiders. I have my original worn to the base metal. The C/L replacement is exact but nice and shiny. There was no logo at the cone apex as with those after ~71.

What mirror came on a 65 Super??

·
Registered
759 Posts
Not Factory Installed

I could be wrong, but I think the exterior mirrors were dealer or owner installed back then, not installed by the factory. On my car the mirror was installed out on the fender, not on the door.

The factory parts book doesn't show an exterior mirror for the GT, GTA or GTV, (though it does show one for the GTC) and the coupes in Alfa's sales/press photos don't have mirrors.

On the sedans, you'll see photos of door or fender mounted mirrors as well as A-pillar mounted clip-on mirrors, so I'm again thinking these were dealer or owner installed.

Chuck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts