Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reposting this so that no one misses out!

Registration is now open for the CSRG Alfa Romeo Centenario Celebration
Infineon Raceway, Sears Point, Sonoma CA
April 9 - 11, 2010

Alfa Romeo vintage racers are invited to register now for this historic weekend of vintage racing. Information and on-line registration are available on the Classic Sports Racing Group web site, CSRG Schedule.

CSRG invites guest participants from other vintage-racing clubs to join us for this special weekend celebrating the 100th anniversary of Alfa Romeo. Guest Alfa Romeos are invited up through 1972 point-in-time preparation, provided that they conform to the requirements of their home vintage-racing club, and subject to CSRG approval. (Wings, slicks, and tube-framed production cars--except TZs--are not acceptable.) Please note that the County-mandated sound limit for the weekend is 101 dB.

Guest entrants, in addition to registering on line (or by mail), should also download two things from the web page: (cut and paste into browser)
http://csrgracing.org/forms/CSRGApri...Guidelines.pdf
and
http://csrgracing.org/forms/CSRGApri...tAlfaSpecs.rtf.

The information sheet should be filled out and returned as requested.

The weekend will feature all-Alfa Romeo vintage races in addition to a full slate of CSRG race groups, plus an Alfa Romeo display and corral in the paddock, and a lunchtime track parade of non-racing Alfa Romeos.

CSRG is a not-for-profit membership organization founded in 1968 and dedicated to the appreciation, preservation and use of vintage cars in a racing environment.

For questions or additional information feel free to contact me.

Sid Gage
Giulietta Spider #58
San Francisco
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
How many non-racers are planning to show up? Except me? The noon-time drive around the track should be lots of fun!

Let's see if we can break records for the number of Alfas that show up for a race event (race and non-race); the corral should also be quite impressive, I hope.

Hey Sid, you avatar looks a lot like mine.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun! :D Now to decide what to drive...what day is the parade lap, Saturday?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We'll have parade laps for Alfas both days.
Please spread the word! It's going to be a great weekend.

Martin.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Do we have to be a member of CSRG to participate in the corral or the non-racing parade? Is there anything special I might need to be a driver on the lunch parade lap?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Giovanni2000, all you need is to pay the admission to the event($20) and an Alfa! Please spread the word.

Thanks,
Martin.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'm in!
NAPA in the spring... unique opportunity to be a part of ALFA's 100th... how can any of us not show up? As racers or spectators? See you there!!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sorry, but I think you meant Sonoma in the spring...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Even better, both places are beautiful and enjoyable...

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
We just made my hotel reservations; going to sign the cars up this week. I'll be bringing my GT Jr. and my brother Fabrizio will run his Giulia Super :). Time to start learning the track on my Playstation!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Does the 1972 and below limit for race cars also apply to Alfas in the parade lap? So, will my 1987 Spider be allowed on the parade lap? Also, will passengers be allowed during the parade lap, and if so, are there any age restrictions?

Looking forward to this event!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, the pre 1972 limit is only for the race cars. Your Spider is absolutely welcome for the parade laps. Passengers are also welcome, 16 and over.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
We just signed up the GT Jr. and Super. I can't wait. I heard 40+ Alfa's have already signed up. What are some of the cars entered? Anything special?

·
Registered
649 Posts
I put in my entry

We'll have parade laps for Alfas both days.
Please spread the word! It's going to be a great weekend.

Martin.
Hi Martin,

I finally got off my duff and entered the GTA. Can we do the Alfa only race and the regular race for the G3 class? Are you planning on a group photo of all the Alfas?

·
Registered
525 Posts
This from Sid this afternoon:
Sixty vintage Alfa Romeo race cars built from 1928 to 1972 will take to the track at Infineon Raceway, Sears Point Ca., for the CSRG Alfa Romeo Centenario Celebration on April 9-11, 2010--only three weeks away. Plus there will be more than 100 other vintage racers of all makes and types.

The Alfa Romeo race cars will have the choicest area of the paddock reserved for their use--the Piazza Alfa Romeo. Special Alfa-only races will be held both Saturday and Sunday.

A display of historic Alfa Romeos will be installed in the paddock garages. Marque vendors and a hospitality area will fill out the garage installation.

Non-racing Alfa Romeo enthusiasts can partake of a special corral for their cars inside the paddock, and participate in the Alfa-only parade laps on the track at lunchtime. Advance registration is not required for corral parking. Sign up at the track for the parade laps.

Infineon will host a reception for participants and guests on Saturday after the racing is done.
For those who are registered to participate in the race weekend, your event packet should be in the mail to you next week.

If you have not yet registered, registration by mail has closed but on-line registration is still available at CSRGRacing.org.

CSRG is a not-for-profit membership organization founded in 1968, dedicated to the appreciation, preservation and use of vintage cars in a racing environment.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I just watched a U-Tube of the Melbourne, Australia. ALFA club on-track 100th AR celebration... VERY GOOD!
So, here's an offer... to all competitors AND spectators: Please video both in-car and point-of-view video footage of the feature race at Infinion on Sunday, and send a copy to me @ [email protected].
I have a full service motion picture post-production facility here in Albuquerque, and I can conform and edit all the video into a compatible formate and create an amazing show, one that should be worthy of this important anniversary. ALFA ROMEO and Motion Pictures have been my life's passions... This is the opportunity of many lifetimes... please do shoot with care ( try a tripod and a long lens, rather than hand holding...) and forward your copies. I will send back the finished result to everyone who contributes.
Many thanks.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts