Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new (to me) Giulia Super 1300 just arrived at the port of Long Beach today, from Europe (finally!). I have some concerns about titling and registering it in Kalifornia. From what I can tell, it seems the state now requires two identifiable VIN #'s. Specifically, form REG 31 says:

"Section 6—Secondary Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)—the secondary VIN section was removed. 1970 and newer model year vehicles (except OHVs) must have two points of verification. The U.S. Federal Certification Label is the only acceptable secondary point of verification for 1970 and newer vehicles and serves two purposes: —As a secondary verification of the public VIN."

I can't figure out what the U.S. Federal Certification Label should look like, or even if these little cars ever had them. Can anyone confirm?

My car has the stamped VIN of course (AR2231835), but the only other original plate/tag does not have the VIN on it. It was removed by the previous owner when the car was painted. Would this possibly suffice if I rivet it back on?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for confirming. The importer is fairly sure the docs they'll provide for me will be sufficient, but is not 100% sure due to the more recent two forms of VIN ID I mentioned. I have an appointment with the DMV the week after next. We'll see what they say. I may check in with the CHP first to see what they have to say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts