Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nice concours, focused on the 50s/60s elegance with a lot of Alfas in every category.

Class A, pre-war closed: 1942 6C2500 Bertone (Coppa d'oro)
Class B, pre-war open: 1932 8C2300 Pininfarina
1934 8C2300 Figoni&Falaschi
Class C, elegance in the '50s : 1946 6C2500SS Touring
Class D, small cars with big perfomance: 1955 1900CSS Zagato

Attachments

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Class F, birth of the supercars: 1968 33 stradale Scaglione (Best in show)
Class G, surprising creativity: 1960 2000 Praho Touring
Class H, racing myths: 1965 TZ2 Zagato
1968 33/2 Autodelta

Attachments

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Gorgeous! Thanks for posting the photos :)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Very nice! Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Thanks for the new wallpaper on my screen!

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Great pics. My brother is out there at the moment and also visited the concours, so I'll await his photos until he returns. That 33 Stradale is magnificent, and it also looks like it's wearing UK plates? I didn't realise that one is over here.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Thanks for posting, Paolo. The Bertone was at Pebble last year and the car is simply stunning.

Love that Touring PRaho car as well - Never seen it.

Mike

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
Thanks from me, too!

Like Mike, seeing that the Praho still exists was a very pleasant surprise. I've seen period pictures and wondered if the car had been lost like some other prototypes.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Alex
Yes it's a British plate.

@tubut
If i remember well what Kidston said, a car dealer bought the car and leave it under a curtain for 40 years. The Anderloni's son bought back the car last year, the tachometer indicates about 1000km...
He polished it just before to join to the concours.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Hold - Just to be clear: The car was assumed lost for 40 years, guy puts it under a car cover, another guy (with Touring herritage) buys it, cleans it up and brings it to Villa d'Este? And the car is entirely original?

Oh my, miracles do happen ...

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Thanks for the photos. That's Sydorick's TZ2. It's a gorgeous example--one of at least 5 Zagato-bodied Alfas he's got.

The 33 Stradale is indeed a UK car; according to the event web site, it's owned by Clive Joy.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@mbaum
I checked with a friend who was with me on Sunday. The Praho is the Touring show car at the 1960 Turin motor show. It was in silver. In 1967 an Alfa dealer, Minetti in Milan, bought the car during the Touring banckruptcy and showed it in his shop. Some years later the car was covered and parked in the shop garage.
Last year Giovanni Anderloni, C.F. Anderloni's son, bought back the car and resprayed it in green for the concours. For the rest is completely original.
Better photos here:
Alfa Romeo 2000 Touring Praho - Ultimatecarpage.com - Images, Specifications and Information

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Thanks, Paolo. This is a strangely beautiful car.

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
Thanks, Paolo. This is a strangely beautiful car.
To my taste, the car looks good from certain angles but not from others, as the pictures from Villa d'Este prove. The resemblance to the Flaminia GT is striking, but also to some of the 102 cars bodied by Vignale. Why Anderloni changed the color to green is beyond my understanding.

I'm guessing the first picture below is a period picture and the second one a more recent one -- which would indicate the car was indeed very well preserved through the years.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I think it is simply stunning - of course, full of idiosyncrasies. That little "corner" on the top line of the front fenders, widening from the double headlights to the A-pillar, the entire "strangely" conservative front treatment and the rear window that has an inverted Pagoda style (I think similar to the OSCA 1600 Touring models).

I think it really rocks. Maybe not exuding the simple elegance of a Touring Flaminia, but to this observer, miles better than the Touring Alfa 2000/2600 Convertibles.

While I think the green suits the car better, it appears that the silver paint was in rather nice condition. However, I do not know if this was already a repaint or still the original paint. If it indeed was the original paint and in good condition, I would have preferred to leave it alone - But it is not my car and the owner can of course do what he likes to.

Stunning, stunning and thanks for sharing.

Mike

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The Praho has been up for sale in Italy within the last 10 years, the it was the original silver paint.
I think it has gone trough a complete restoration and new paint, before it was presented at Villa dÉste

·
Registered
266 Posts
Who know the serial number of 33 "Stradale" ?
A friend journalist, present at Villa d'Este, told me that was the Augusta's Alfa and the serial number is 750.33.014, but Augusta had the 750.33.111 !!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts