Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I went home after work, when I stopped on the gas station I turned off the engine, all was working fine... Then after feeding my hungry 1994 164L, I noted one thing... the headlights were on but the headlight lead on the dashboard was not. Ok, must be some kind of electrical craziness, I turned off the lights, and on again and... nothing.
After that, I also noticed that my front and rear fog light button was not working, as well as the proper lights. One more thing... everytime when I turn the headlights on, my Climate console and the LCD always dimmer, but not this time.
It's very strange, appears that the 'car' doesn't know that the headlights are on.
I need check the fuses and relays, but I don't know where the related fuses are.
Help me PLEASE!! I love my car, and I cannot live with things not working in my Alfa (excluding the Climate LCD, hehehehehe). Thank you guys!!

·
Premium Member
27,320 Posts
I don't have my 164 DVD handy tonight that has euro spec wiring diagrams so can't give you much help. Do you have it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Steve, I don't have... I live in Brazil and here the things always are difficult. I am trying to find some workshop manuals to see what could happened. Thanks for your prompt reply Steve.

·
Premium Member
2,628 Posts
Do the lights actually work?? Alfa's do strange things when ever courtesy light don't light up !!! Check the simple stuff 1st, before diving into the electrical system.

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Mica maybe I can help

I can fix your LCD, done many many here ; I replace the connector -- email or PM me for specifics -- its cheap compared to a new replacement module (which will fail over time) and I have never had a failure of one of my units (some over 7 years old now)

The CCM gets a signal "Position Lights on" on the B (B4 and B12) connector on the back, and pin A provides the rheostat input -- which dims the backlight on the LCD. I'll do some digging and post a little later.

bob

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I think that you have a sticky relay or something of that nature. Or something is wrong in the climate cont did your 164 interior get damp at all?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts