Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfa Romeo History Racing Passion 8C to 8C - 2008. Interesting and cool.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hG9WGv1tMX4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hG9WGv1tMX4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Craig Aspin has used some good stuff, hopefully my Duetto will be in the complete version.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Any idea if that DVD is available for retail sale and where?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea if that DVD is available for retail sale and where?
Yepp, it will be out soon. The complete video is an hour or so and produced by Craig Aspin. I'll keep you posted here at the alfabb when I know more.

Cordially Wille R. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks

Hi Willie,

it was real nice of you to post the Youtube trailer on the Alfa bb.

I would be real interested what you all think of it in the USA.

I read a much more positive view towards Alfa Romeo in America especially with reference to the Heritage / history and the return that Alfa Romeo have planned to the USA.

Hi to all, please have a look.

There is a 90 minute DVD on the way, so watch this space.

I can be contacted at [email protected] if anyone has any video they wish to contribute to the project.

Thanks again

Craig Aspin
UK

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'd like to see what support the DVD would get if I was to finish it and enter a deal to publish it.

Please take a look at the trailer and vote if you'd be interested ???

Thank you

Craig

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Gr74lTw4ug&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Gr74lTw4ug&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
285 Posts
I find the techo beat background annoying and distracting. Better to have only the machine sounds than that computer generated chaff.

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I agree that the techno music is distracting, annoying, and covers up some automotive music, Alfa motors in full song! :D

There must be a Voice Over with an english speaking narrator? Or at least clear subtitles. I hope it is a real nuts-and-bolts history lesson on Alfa, its origins and future.

Just ditch the computer generated Disco Music sound track, pump up the volume when the cars pass, give a great history lesson, and you'll have at least one sale right here. Christmas will be here soon, and my wife is hunting down a present for me... :)

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I would love to buy this video. However I must agree with MarkZ. The techno beat in the backround ruins the sound of the cars. Any enthusiast buying this video will want to hear the cars.

Greg Gordon,
hiperformancestore.com

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Please note this is only a trailer, there is nearly an hour and a half of this and very rare footage.

A lot of the sound from the original film is damaged but there is a lot on the new cars and the Alfa 8C Competizione.

It has been 3 years in the making and won't have this music etc, just for the trailer and the ending credits etc..

There will be a lot of engine sound and it is an in depth History of the greatest marque , Alfa Romeo.

All I need to know is , would it sell ?

Thanks everyone.

Craig

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Great trailer!

Craig,

Count me in also. I'm looking forward to the release.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I'm in!
Paul

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Hi,
<snip>
All I need to know is , would it sell ?

Thanks everyone.

Craig
Craig,

Yes.

The market may be limited to people who own or want to own an Alfa, and the general 'car crazy' crowd who are curious about Alfa and its history. But that should be enough to cover your expenses and have enough left over to start and finish your second Alfa video!

Keep producing them! You are talking to the right crowd. Good luck with all your hard work. Hunting down old Alfa images and film can't be easy.

How much, where can I buy it, when will it be available?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Craig,

Yes.

The market may be limited to people who own or want to own an Alfa, and the general 'car crazy' crowd who are curious about Alfa and its history. But that should be enough to cover your expenses and have enough left over to start and finish your second Alfa video!

Keep producing them! You are talking to the right crowd. Good luck with all your hard work. Hunting down old Alfa images and film can't be easy.

How much, where can I buy it, when will it be available?

If all goes to plan, early next year.... Price , no idea, lot's to do yet and agreements to make..... and the 2nd video... We will see, I have plans for a classic collection ...Thanks for all your comment.. lets see how many would be of interest.

I will have to pay out for royalties etc.... so it now depends on numbers..I'll let this thread go and anyone on it I'll give a nod if it's all going to plan :)

Craig

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi Craig

Nice work - love to see old black and white clips - take care of the black transitions between your clips - they often tend to give a movie an amateurish look. I use sliding transitions between clips but of course you may have an artistic idea behind your cutting.

Continue the good work...

Lars

1 - 17 of 17 Posts