Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to reproduce the black monza material found in the verde recaros and need to find a perfect insert to use as the sample. We currently do full recaro resto and the LS is prob the most common seat we recover. We have new foam, new diaphragms, perfect patterns, but we have yet to get a verde ls that has a good enough insert to reproduce.

That being said im going to you guys to see if anyone would happen to have a good insert that could be used for reproduction. You would get the insert back unharmed and we would also be willing to give you 1/2 a yard (18x54") of the new material for free. Thank you in advance.

Here is some of our work on ls's

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need atleast 1 repeating pattern - would have it for about 2 months

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
hey, are you guys close to having these up for sale? i just got some verde recaros which need new fabric...

·
Premium Member
27,378 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
RMA, just an FYI - the Mk2 Jetta Wolfsburg edition had these same Recaro's fitted as well. For some time the fabric could be purchased from ReOriginals.

I've seen some seats redone with this fabric, I knew they had been re-done because they were missing the "RECARO" embroidery at the top facing.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
steve: i need most of the pieces so i thought a kit of new cloth would be the best option so hopefully rma will produce a nice complete kit for $49.95 (ha ha, i can dream, can't i?)

toon R: the wolfsburg vw recaros (also called trophies) are different from the verde's. they have grey cloth inserts with black vinyl on the bolsters.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
If you say so Superloaf,

When my Verde (Rosso) was totalled by a kid who drove into me from the rear while I was stopped at a light, I was out shopping for a replacement weeks later when I came across a cherry looking Red Jetta with a different, more aggressive look. This was a long time ago (late 90's). I remembered the seats were the same. I also remember the car drove like a pig compared to the Milano. No ball$ whatsoever, and the steering of a deuce-and-a-half!

...Recaro seats were nice though and the radio being up high made a lot more sense.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
If you say so Superloaf,

When my Verde (Rosso) was totalled by a kid who drove into me from the rear while I was stopped at a light, I was out shopping for a replacement weeks later when I came across a cherry looking Red Jetta with a different, more aggressive look. This was a long time ago (late 90's). I remembered the seats were the same. I also remember the car drove like a pig compared to the Milano. No ball$ whatsoever, and the steering of a deuce-and-a-half!

...Recaro seats were nice though and the radio being up high made a lot more sense.

vw trophies are in the 2nd pic that RMA attached in the first post, although those are recovered with much better quality materials. trophies are usually in pretty bad shape and the vinyl bolsters always crack with the fabric ripping just like the verdes.

unless there was some sharing at some point of the fabric but i have not heard of that. same seat underneath, i believe so who knows?

and if you ever go with a vw, get the GTI, GLI, or comparable sport model. vw's are nice but you really need every little bit to make them more fun (at least with the time period we're talking about.) and still, many of them have been driven into the ground and modified with idiotic mods. one of the many great things about the alfaBB site is that we don't have to see horrible things like stretched & poked tires, or 19" wheels running some no name cheapo tire in a 30 series!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Other Recaro Applications

RMA,

Have you done seat covers in other colors? I am planning to put Verde seats in a 74 GTV, because I love the way I fit in them. The 74 needs a light beige interior so I was thinking of doing the Recaros in leather. Any suggestions??

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
862 Posts
Update would be nice I would love to re-do my bottoms.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I tried contacting RMA with an offer to give him NOS Milano Verde (Recaro Black Monza) fabric for reproductions months ago. Never heard back, no email, no phone call, no PM, no reply. Don't hold your breath guys.

If going with a non-stock fabric or leather, any good upholstery shop can match these seats perfectly. No need to pay through the nose for another pattern if you have a seat in front of you. If you have just one good bolster to provide a pattern then you're fine.

·
Registered
862 Posts
So they can match the fabric exactly or close enough. At the end of the day who really cares to match 100% anyway.

Thanks for the update.

My 2 cents...

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Guys,

I think RMA is history, but check out Home Page
Ron, who runs JJ says he used to manage RMA. He shows up on the Toyota, Honda and Porsche forums too, with posts with the same Recaro resouce information.

Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys,

Lost my password so i could not access my old account. The fabric should be available through centerline alfa in march/april.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also here is some more recent work directly with the verde ls-c's I thought you guys might like to see..

Here is a set we did new jackets, lower foam, and diaphragms for. Kept the original monza inserts.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Any update to how the alfa cloth is coming?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
wow, nice work! i find it hard to find a fault in anything in the pics! unlike some of the interiors you see in car mags etc etc...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts