Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased a pair of Recaros from a Milano Verde thanks to a friend that no longer has the car.

I will be replacing my worn out Spider seats with the Recaros after they have be reupholstered.

I have yet to get my hands on the seats but was wondering if anyone has done this swap? I'm assuming some sort of adapter bracket will be needed in order to fit them

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
11,045 Posts
i think if you boltthem into the stock rails. you will sit higher.. i just bolted my seat to the floor..so i could sit lower..i am 6' tall

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Recaros are in!

Just picked up the seats today. Pretty decent condition considering the age. Going to have the inserts reupholstered to match the interior but keep the bolsters black.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spent all day yesterday making brackets and installing the passenger seat. Came out pretty well except for the fact that my fingers are all sliced up due to the small clearances underneath the seat. But oh well, here are some pictures. Any ideas on upholstery color? I was thinking of keeping the bolsters black and replacing the inserts with a brown or tan. Tell me what y'all think or offer some suggestions.

Attachments

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
11,045 Posts
do you sit higher in those seats?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually no. I sit just a bit lower than the stock seat probably due to a partially split rubber diaphragm underneath the bottom cushion. But I purposely mounted them as low as I could.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts