Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOT MY CAR - just trying to find it a home.

Totally complete 63k mile Verde needs to be rescued from the crusher. I was told that the owner's wife had the cars put at the scrapyard. The guys working at the yard are very reasonable and were made to realize that it'd be preferable to have the car go to an enthusiast, so it has a short new lease on life before getting crushed. It was slotted for crushing last week but the guys working convinced the boss to wait another week.

Here's what I know:

- the car has a clean title
- the car is totally complete and runs and drives
- the car has keys for ignition and doors and fuel cap
- engine oil and coolant were clean
- the car has all its original Verde pieces except for rocker trim
- the car is very unmolested
- the car has been sitting, but obviously was well cared for before
- engine bay is complete, but dirty
- gauges are nice and brightly colored, not faded like most
- the car is rusty (arches, trunk, near lamps, some in sills)
- they want $1500 for the car WITH clear title (I'd buy it immediately if I had the room)
- very nice black headliner, not sagging, looks to be redone in Mercedes alcantara type fabric
- very nice headlights and fog lights and corner lights and taillights
- ***they WILL NOT part out the car unless someone buys the engine ($800)
- ***they WILL NOT part out the car unless someone buys the engine! ($800)
- the car is in SW Florida near Marco Island

It is worth it for the engine and trans, let alone the other bits like lamps. Perfect donor car for a Gold or Silver that needs Verde hybrid modification.

I went and looked at it and I took a few photos.

****Please read **** They asked me not to publicly post their phone number or location (seemed strange, but they have quite a bit of interest already but nobody has showed up with a trailer yet). It is what it is. Regardless I am posting to help find it a home rather than be crushed. ***PM me if you are SERIOUSLY interested and I'll happily forward the contact.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,845 Posts
"I was told that the owner's wife had the cars put at the scrapyard"

Evil woman.

Ran across something like this many years ago with a pristine black 1300 Veloce spider in a wrecking yard. Had been put there by a guy's mother after something happened to him I guess. It was in great condition, with low mileage, when it was brought in. Was eventually stripped and crushed, alas. Wrecking yard wouldn't sell it intact, saying, we'd rather sell the parts than save it.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Racingswim,

How do you know about this Verde?

Does the car REALLY run?

My wife will kill me, but I am definitely interested!

Ray

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Racingswim,

How do you know about this Verde?

Does the car REALLY run?

My wife will kill me, but I am definitely interested!

Ray
I went to visit it at a junkyard. It does run. Transmission linkage was also very nice and tight, clutch action excellent. ABS pump clicked on right away too.

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Rob,

Did you drive the car? Do you have any photos of the interior?

Do you have the address for the yard in which it is currently?

Thanks,

Ray

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rob,

Did you drive the car? Do you have any photos of the interior?

Do you have the address for the yard in which it is currently?

Thanks,

Ray
Ray,

Did you read what I wrote in original post? PM me if you want more info, and include your email address for more photos. I agreed not to post location/phone publicly.

No I did not drive the car, it's unregistered. I have some interior photos. When I visited it a second time there was not a battery in it. The interior was decent and looked appropriate for 63k miles, but with some sun fading on rear seat. Complete except for a missing steering column shroud bottom half which might actually be in trunk with some other spare parts. Radio, HVAC, orange switches, consoles, trim, seats, tool kit(s) were all there. Headliner was very nice.

·
Premium Member
13,983 Posts
This is a Verde friends. The engine and transaxle alone are worth close to the asking price for the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts