Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if anyone else who owns both a 2.5 and 3.0 Milano has noticed the difference in wind noise between the two cars. Specifically, the Verde has side-view mirrors that seem to be styled for "aerodynamics," with the result being an unfortunate honking sound at speeds approaching 70 mph. I have never heard anything like this in my Gold. It wouldn't really be a problem if I didn't have the context for comparison, but now I do and because I do a lot of highway driving it is slowly driving me nuts. Would replacing the mirrors with those from a 2.5 model help? Thanks!

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,112 Posts
I doubt the difference is the mirrors. The weatherstripping on the doors will make a honking noise if it doesn't seal tightly. This is the flat, outermost weatherstripping piece that runs along the top and leading edge of the door.

You can try adjusting the door striker to pull the door tighter when closed: this helped with my issues. Another fix I've seen is to add another stick-on piece of weatherstripping (the small D-profile stuff) along the car body where the door weatherstripping hits.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Tom is right. When you hear the noise try pulling the door shut tighter. This didn't work for me, but what did was pushing out on the window glass near the mirror. It's the door seal for sure. I was able to re-glue mine. I was driving with no hands when I diagnosed the problem. It's a push me pull you deal.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha sounds exciting. Yeah I had noticed that pushing on that little triangle trim piece that covers where the mirror is mounted quieted the noise, didn't think about the door seals though. I will take a look, thanks guys!

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,112 Posts
You may be right, but I'm sure that's wind noise, not a honking sound. The honking is the weatherstripping vibrating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts