Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi GTV6 owners,

I was tracking down the dash-side air vents in my gtv6 this afternoon because they don't seem to blow anything at all. A minor surgery then revealed those plastic wrinkle hoses were NOT connected to the blower whatsoever. I just want a little advise regarding how yours work, or simply how do you make your side vents blow air.

Thanks,
J.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi,
I think that they are connected to the outside world so when going highway speed you get a fair bit of air but around town, not so much. Happy to be corrected by someone who actually knows what they are talking about :D
Marty

·
Administrator
17,389 Posts
If you mean the vents on the far left & right - closest to the doors - then yes, they are not supplied air from the heater & A/C. They allow 'ram air' ventilation while moving. I think the source is from the cowl vent (in front of the windshield).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Marty and Eric,

Since i don't have the original owner manual there's no way i can tell where and what the side vents are for. Through experience it just didn't seem like the L/R side vents are doing anything even on the road. And from my disassemble yesterday, there's only a central lower plastic tube connecting the left and right hosts. Perhaps i need to put more faith to the italian design.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have the same problem with my 85 GTV6. No air thru the vents even at high speed. Turn the fan on and I do get a little. Do the side vents in the later V6's pull air from the a/c system? By the way, the a/c doesn't work. Did have the dash out a while ago and noted that the ram air vents directly behind the dash vents had plastic pieces glued over them, and had hoses from the vents going to the heater/blower assembly. This is different from my 83 which vents very well thru the dash air vents. Is the difference the tropicair system that was put on the later GTV6's ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts