Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
There is no chrome latch with push-button lock at the bottom of the glass? If no, it must have fallen off. Look closely at the bottom of the glass to see if there is the 'shadow' of a round adherence point of a latch. The window probably has not been opened for years and the glass has sealed to the rubber. Careful pressure and working of the seal should release it. I found my vent window latches in the glove box when I bought my 89 - they fall off eventually.

·
Administrator
16,985 Posts
If present, the latch would be very obvious - glued to the glass. It is not uncommon for them to fall off.

If the window is that hard to open I wonder if a previous owner might have glued them shut? Any evidence of glue/sealant along the rear edge of the glass?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked out the side window vents, leaving that sleeping Dog ? lye! No sign of latches ever being there. looks like maybe glued shut, I’ll get a pro to tackle that beast another day.
?

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
even the D'est PO wouldn't glue them, surely!....vent windows are the best invention ever!
(the latch on the other hand is not;))

try pressing from inside, at the bottom corner where the white writing is....the rubber can really stick if they haven't been opened for a few years
the pivot inside the door can rust up... try spray some PB or WD or something into the centre gap at bottom seal (better access from inside)

vent window.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts