Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
the only visor i could think of is the front side window visors? maybe circle in the pic what you mean?

·
Premium Member
15,557 Posts
NLA for many years. I bought a set when I bought the car new, and they work well. Might be able to find a used pair. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
They might work OK for keeping light rain off with the windows open slightly but I find that they create a fair bit of wind noise. I have toyed with taking mine off but I hear that it is a difficult job. The left hand one on my black car is cracked so I will need to take one off my parts car to replace it if I keep them. They do look nice I suppose and are a standard accessory on all the 3 litre cars over here, so from that point of view I should probably leave them on.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I have a set if your interested. It's 3 pieces. The rear spoiler that is.

·
Premium Member
15,557 Posts
The ones we have just slip up into the top window pane frame slot, stay in position with no problems, and would be no trouble to remove, since no adhesive is used. We find that they do a good job of stopping the lateral inflowing air when you open a window partway, also do keep the rain out, and allow you to lower the window behind them to provide a slot at the top to keep the temps from rising too far when the car is parked and locked.

Ours were made specifically for the Milano. As for after market "stick on" versions, I have no idea what might work or not. The OEM versions are much more desirable and aesthetic in fit. I've never found a set for the 164, which I might not mind having.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
iv got a couple on spare doors i have.
my car only has a left side one after a the drivers side one had a smashed bit, i tried pulling it off, couldnt so i just smashed the rest out and left the grey framing there, makes some wind noice but not much.

i like them, they suit perfectly, can leave a window down in the rain when the windows fog up, and as above, can leave it down a little when parked in the sun on a hot day.

if i could figure out how to remove them without breaking it id replace mine. anyone know?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
if i could figure out how to remove them without breaking it id replace mine. anyone know?
I would like to know as well if I am going to replace my cracked one with the one off my parts car.

·
Premium Member
15,557 Posts
Sounds like it would not be wise to buy these if they "glue" on the window frame, and end up being a mess to take off again. I would continue to search fro the OEM version which slip up into the upper frame slot, with no adhesive. They can be removed with zero problems.

·
Premium Member
15,557 Posts
I imagine you will have to just search/ask in the web, etc, as we all do for many no longer available items. For these old cars, that's just about all you can do.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
the oem dont just slip into the frame, they are glued, from factory. i know this because when i smashed mine out i dug all the little pieces out of the frame and they are definetly glued in there [yellow stuff, looks like contact bond].

·
Premium Member
15,557 Posts
Actually, ours are not glued. We bought these OEM from the dealer with the new car, and they just slip in the upper slot of the frame. There is no glue supplied nor needed. They have worked just fine for the 95k miles we have on the car.

Just a thought, maybe early ones did, but our car is one of the very last sold in the States, and might have the latest version of the visors.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,365 Posts
I have these deflectors on my Verde and love them, they do allow a lot less turbulence when running with the windows down, but add some noise. They were very common on 75s in Europe, I have no idea why Alfa didn't fit them to the US spec Milanos. I got a set over-the-counter at an auto parts store in Italy about 15 years ago and brought them back in my luggage. They are not OEM but fit nicely.

I can supply these from a very good European aftermarket supplier, but current interest notwithstanding I think they would probably just sit there and stare at me from our shelves as I would need to order 20-30 sets to make it worthwhile.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
The glued type were standard on all 75 Twin Spark, 75 3.0 and 75 Turbo America/QV.

The type with the screw were part of the Linea Accessori, and also other non original parts were available.

To remove the glued type, you have to remove it complete with the frame. I don't know the exact procedure, as I've never done it, but, if I remember correctly it's something like:
Remove door trim (the outside trim with the seal that is on the lower part of the window frame)
Lower window and remove window seal.
Lower back part of window frame and then lower the deflector complete with the grey frame.

Please correct the procedure if what I said is wrong.

·
Premium Member
15,557 Posts
That's interesting, as our unglued ones came in an Alfa Ricambi bag, with just a few u shaped hidden metal clips to hold them in outside of the pane of glass. Alas, the bag is long gone, so I don't know what part number they might have used. They have always worked just fine, with no movement. Nice thing is, I could remove them in seconds with no effort. Wish I had a set of these for the 164.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I've just changed out a broken one on my 75TS and no, the OEM ones aren't glued in at all. They just pull out once you've removed the channel seal. It's a bit of a fiddle but I saw no glue at all on mine or on the second hand set that I bought from a customer.

Early Euro 75s without the plastic wheelarches and rear trunk spoiler didn't have these, they seem to have arrived with the "facelift" that coincided with the arrival of the Twinspark and 3 litre engines.

I've owned both versions and yes, they're great for driving with the windows open. They make the car feel a bit claustrophobic inside though as the window area is "smaller".

Your best bet is to try for a second hand OEM set but make sure you also get the ally rear post finisher from a deflector fitted car too as this is shorter than the non deflector type and actually ties in the deflector at the top. You can see the join just behind my head in this picture.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts