Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Dear BBers,

Despite the fact that our main focus rests with rubber and upholstery, we've received many requests for other "larger" items essential to a restoration, and have consequently decided to move forward on those, mainly windshields and wiring harnesses for now.

We are now stocking windshields, initially for 750/101 Spiders and Sprints, but we have access to all later GT and Spider windshields as well. We also have Porsche 356 windshields, if that's of interest. Similar story with wiring harnesses, though we can supply these for more marques: Alfa, Ferrari, Fiat, Maserati, Porsche, and more; basically, any harness can be constructed, provided there's an existing schema at the factory or the buyer can provide his/her old harness as model.

We're hoping to bring in vintage Pirelli tires next, CN36 and CA67, for the concours crowd.

Any questions, please give us a call: 408-441-7788. Thank you.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have placed several orders with VeloceSpace now, and have been very happy with the items I ordered. It is gratifying to see so many of the products are Italian made. Other unique items are made by enthusiasts with special skills and Alfa addictions.

Nice work, Patrick! I'll keep an eye on your site for new stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Wiring Harness Photos and Availability

Folks,

An update: we've just received a fresh batch of Giulietta wiring harnesses from our English supplier, and finally found time to take a few photos to post them here and elsewhere at the link below:

Picasa Web Albums - velocespace - Wiring Harnesses

These are photos of a Giulietta Spider Veloce's harness; this particular set was ordered with individually-braided wires, furthermore covered by a black cloth braid, as per original to these cars. One will note that these harnesses also come with sheet-metal/firewall rubber grommets included, as well as all the correct connectors, splices, etc. Our supplier is an English company that has been in the electrical business for nearly one hundred years, and was OEM manufacturer to many of the British marques that we all know well. We were introduced to this company by a fellow BB'er, who's on his FIFTH set of Alfa harnesses from this supplier - the quality is indeed excellent; one can definitely see the old-world skill of the English crafts-person who put this harness together.

We currently have the following in stock: Spider Veloce; Spider Normale; Sprint Normale. We're all sold out of Sprint Veloces for now, which can be ordered with a four-week lead-time.

We also have patterns for Duettos, GTVs, 2000/2600 Spiders; basically, if we can have access to your old harness, we can have England build us anything that is an exact replica of the original. This may be irrelevant here, but we also have patterns for vintage Ferraris and Porsche 356s, and can deliver in four weeks.

We don't charge an exorbitant price for these harnesses, with most Alfa sets priced under $600. The truth is, if a pattern is already available, and the crafts-person suitably-skilled and specialized in this task alone, not a great deal of time is required to build a harness. Material costs are typically negligible next to labor. Lastly, as mentioned elsewhere, we prefer volume over high margin. I myself am an Alfa owner, and always appreciate vendors keeping parts affordable for us.

Thanks for taking time to read; please feel free to e-mail or PM with questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Haven't seen much talk of Giulia Super / TI / Berlina items.......
Would windshields be in the mix ?
Randy

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Randy,

I have a windshield gasket in stock for a Super if you're interested!

We are in fact making some reproduction windshields; how many of you folks would be interested, aside from Randy?

By the way, all sedan rubber parts ARE available! Please e-mail me if there's something you're looking for.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Are we talking actual DOT approved windshields? Or just the rubber windshield gaskets? I'd be interested in a windshield. Hell, a windshield gasket as well.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
My Super also needs a windshield !
Just make sure that they are not from China or Poland ;^)
Is there a time frame for these ?
Randy

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Guys, we're talking about both DOT approved windshields and their rubber gaskets. Gaskets I can get in a few weeks (I actually have a sedan gasket in stock right now, but not GTV), windshields will take longer (Super before GTV).

And Randy, lots of OEM windshields are now made in China, such as those for Ford, GM, and Chrysler (some of you will snicker :)); there's nothing wrong with them, quality-wise, according to my supplier here in the U.S. I'll find out if he plans to have the sedan windshields made in China, but in my opinion this shouldn't be the deal-breaker.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
OK, I'm open to Chinese windshields.....
after the first 10 customers are pleased with theirs.
Just wary after another supplier held us up a year waiting for theirs from China.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I don't think that there are more than 10 people who want these sedan windshields, or are there? Andrew Watry has inquired about these as well, but I really don't know if there are more than two or three people who will actually plunk down the cash to buy. Unfortunately a manufacturer will not make less than 10 to 15 windshields per batch; you see where the problem is. If we all wait for the first ten guys to shell out the dough and give their thumbs up/down before we commit, we'd be waiting for a very long time, and I'd be sitting on 8 windshields in my warehouse for a long while, until I decide to just clear them out at a loss and vow never to do it again, or I should be smart and never get these made in the first place.

I've tried in the past months to take some risk and bring to/back to market products that people lament not having access to, at affordable prices, but it's an uphill battle, I'll admit. These difficulties explain why NLA items remain NLA, as each overly-enthusiastic vendor learns his/her lesson when stuck with newly-reproduced items that take five years to sell. This happens across the entire vintage car parts industry; owners are all very good at averting risk, and parts vendors have long adapted to protect themselves, to no one's great benefit in the end; the windshield in question remains NLA.

The above has been my "State of The Reproduction Parts World" report; hope you all enjoyed it, and God bless!

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
You are right on the mark in your buisness model. That is the smart way to survive in the parts buisness.
But from an owners viewpoint, buying reproduction door handle gaskets for a '67 Duetto is easy. Many suppliers cary them and they are cheap. I recieved a set from OKParts and the quality is awfull. Reused my old ones. Lost only a few dollars.
A windshield is another matter. High cost, expensive shipping, expensive installation and no guarantee that the quality will be good.
If you look at a very long thread from last year, ProSource glass on the east coast was going to have a shipment of windshields for Giulia / Berlinas made in China. No count of the BBers who ordered them, but on the west coast at least 10 were ordered. I know of 5 that were oreded just in the LA area ( I wanted 2 ). After a year, none were delivered.
Very frustrating, but one can see that there is a market for them.
Now on Ebay, there is a vendor selling clear and tinted windows. They are made in Scandinavia and marked " HS " as the maker. Good quality or bad ??? I really don't want to spend $800 to find out.
Now you come in. A real Alfa enthusiast, selling high quality products. If you can source well made windows and sell a few with rave reviews, I'm in for 2 pcs. You are right 10 is too many to confirm the quality, I just picked a number, but you get the point !
Randy

·
Registered
496 Posts
I hate to really chime in but when some things go wrong I will certainly step up to the plate. We have 50 berlina windshields coming in early March. If you look at the Berlina thread recently you will see my posting. There was a problem beyond my control at the factory which i tried to avoid but very frustrating for me as well. Since we carry thousands of windshields for everything from BMW Isetta 300 to Lotus Esprit and English Ford Anglias to name a few I am proud of what we have accomplished for the enthusiast.

We also have 50 GTV Coupe windshields glue in style coming in early March as well. We decided to do so for the enthusiast what no one in the glass industry would offer. We knew where there was tooling but it no longer was being offered so after 6 months of trying to negotiate we finall sent a sample cracked one off to another factory. Another 3 months went by before we actually got word that they were producing and at a price that would be reasonable for the community. China is producing most of the glass these days- their quality can be very good- certainly as good as most today for less money. They are OEM now for Alfa, Mercedes, even some Cadillac etc. They are here to stay with the latest technology and as long as we are vigilant we stay away from factories that do not meed the standards.
Anyways, we invest a lot of time and effort into getting it right and use some of the best packaging in the industry so the end user has a smooth experience.
Our family has been in the glass business since 1953 so hopefully we have done a few things right. I will probably be hearing about the Berlina debacle again.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
VeloceSpace 2010 Show Schedule

That's a whole lotta windshields, Richard; the sedan guys are in luck, and it's about time.

I'd like to inform BB'ers of our show schedule for this year:

3/6 ~ 3/7 - Porsche Literature and Swap Meet in Los Angeles - these are the big events of the year for Porsche 356 fans, and we'll be bringing along our 356 wiring harnesses, windshields, and full line of Italian-made rubber parts; already considered by Porsche restoration shops to be the best in the business.

4/29 ~ 5/2 - 356Car Porsche Car North Meets South event in San Luis Obispo

5/16 - Marin Sonoma Concours d'Elegance (this annual event is only in its second year, and from what I've heard, quite successful during its debut!) - here's the link to the event's website: Marin Sonoma Concours d' Elegance

8/18 - Concorso Italiano - we have reserved two spaces here in order to show off our entire product line. We debuted VeloceSpace to Italian car enthusiasts last year at Concorso, and it was a complete success. My black Giulia Spider will also be on display, for all of you to pick apart :p

At all of these shows, we intend to display our wide range of rubber parts (Alfa/Ferrari/Fiat/Lancia/Maserati/Porsche), Italian upholstery, Giulietta/Porsche windshields, and our English wiring harnesses. If you'd like to be sure of the quality of any of our products, what better way than to see the products first-hand?

All BB'ers already enjoy a 5% discount (subscribed members even more: 10%); let's add a further 5% for placing an order at any of these two shows. :)

Here's hoping to see some of you at these venues, and please introduce yourselves when you do stop by.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Sounds great Patrick. You really have it well planned on the west coast where the weather is a lot better than back east these days! It's a great opportunity for folks to see someone who is really passionate about what they do and hopefully save $ on shipping. Good luck with the shows. I will send thru a pm about what else is going on lately. Always a pleasure to deal with a company that is proactive.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
L.A. Show Locations

Regarding our show schedule, the upcoming events are in southern California at the Porsche events, on 3/6 and 3/7, in less than two weeks.

Aside from Porsche products, I'll be bringing along some Alfa Giulietta parts for those of you who would like to personally inspect them. I'll have on hand the more popular rubber seals, a Sprint and possibly Spider windshield, and Giulietta Spider and Sprint wiring harnesses. All of these will be for sale on the spot.

3/6 Annual L.A. Porsche/VW Literature and Memorabilia Meet (Hilton L.A. Airport, 5711 W Century Blvd, Los Angeles, CA) $10 admission fee. LA Lit and Toy Show

3/7 Annual All Porsche Swap Meet and Car Display (Phoenix Club, 1340 S Sanderson Ave, Anaheim, CA) Not sure if there's an entrance fee; I'm guessing not as it takes place outdoors.

If you're not able to attend these events, send me a PM and we'll see if we can find another place to meet before or after the events.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Anniversary Report

Time sure flew by; it's shocking to realize that we've now been in business for a full year now, as we debuted at last year's Concorso Italiano. As expected, we'll have a booth at Concorso Italiano this year - two booths in fact, right next to the Alfa Hospitality Tent. We hope to see some of you there. If you're not able to make Concorso Italiano for some reason, we'll be at the Hillsborough Concours d'Elegance as well (in Burlingame, CA) on 9/12.

The past year has been very interesting for us. As we learned the ropes of our business, we also came to know many of you as wonderful, loyal customers; and "you" would include owners of Giuliettas, 105s, Alfettas/GTV6s, and Milanos; thank you very much for the much-needed support! We branched out further midway through the year and can now also call many well-known Porsche and Ferrari restoration shops our customers. To spice things up, we receive orders for Lancia, Fiat, Maserati, and Bizarrini products on occasion. It's been great fun.

With some experience behind us, we've also learned to focus a little bit more in order to provide better service and become more specialized and knowledgeable in what we sell. We've decided to scale back our upholstery business slightly to focus more on expanding our rubber seals' reach in the market, and to spend more time fine-tuning our wiring harness business, which has been very good to us. We're also working on bringing new products to the market, such as reproduction gas tanks for Giuliettas and other small pieces of hardware for these cars. Lastly, if we are able to locate the correct sources in Italy, we may work on expanding into other restoration parts for our cars; we'll see how things transpire in the next year.

I don't want to bore you with all the little details of our business, so would ask you to give us a call if you have any question regarding our rubber seals or wiring harnesses - there is a great deal of information that we can impart, so I (and also Charlene, our office manager), look forward to speaking with you.

The San Francisco Presidio Concours d'Elegance came and went, and I'm very proud that the black Ferrari 330GTS that won the Ferrari Pre-'74 class wore our rubber seals! Both the owner and the restoration shop has been extremely supportive of us, and we're glad to have been able to help with their needs.

Drive your Alfa lots in this very important Alfa year - Viva Alfa 100!

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Hi Patrick
I just wanted to thank you and Charlene for getting me the rubber bump stops for my spider trunk lid. They fit fine (just a little trimming) and no more squeaking. No one else seemed able to get them.
Thanks Again
Tony Gordon

·
Registered
44 Posts
Leather interior for 1967 Sprint GT veloce ?!

Hello Patrick,

I'm wondering if you also have the original leather material for the Alfa Sprint GT veloce 1600 (105.36) of 1967. I'm really talking about the real leather interior (it was an option in 1967) and not the skai interior that was delivered on most of the cars.
I'm looking for leather pieces (or full cover) with the small holes design biult into the material. Here is 2 pictures showing the material type and design :
IMG_3907_zpsded32cec.jpg

T2eC16ZHJGQE9noMb9BBRHqnJoLe60_85_zps8f764f7e.jpg

In case you don't have this leather material (what I guess due to the fact that I wasn't able to find this material up to now!), it may be a good business for you to investigate how to build and propose it to alfisti :001_tt1:
In fact, quiet a lot of people (GT veloce owner) are interested with this original leather interior but know one is proposing these leather covers (all Alfa shops in Europe are proposing the skai version but no one the real lether version).

If you have any proposition or info for me on that, I would be pleased.

Cheers,
Patrick

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Well hello Patrick! Being that we're of the same first name, I will do some digging around and get back to you ;-)

I'm guessing that it can be done, but it'll be expensive. If you can round up 3 or more owners needing full sets of these (front/rear seat covers, not just materials), it'd make my work easier.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello Patrick,

Thanks for your answers and interest in it !

I will try to round up in the next weeks GT veloce owners interested in this new interior set. However the first question that they will have before to announce their interest will be what is the cost for it ? and I should be able to say something around it.
I guess it is impossible for you to give me indications on cost as long as you don't have identify the materials. Just let me know when you will have move on with that.

Thanks again and Regards,
Patrick

21 - 40 of 43 Posts