Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of the long time Alfa Romeo people have known, I have been the guy that runs the Veloce Registers. There are a lot of registers out there that are significant in their own rights, that have been around for a long time. My intention here is to say "thank you" to all who visit my websites.

I started the 1600 Veloce register in 1971 and did a lot of correspondence by mail. With the advent of the internet I went live on April 4, 1998, learning how to build a website with code. Shortly there after I added the Sprint Speciale register because 4 others had tried. I used that information and giving where credit is due. I have a lot of SS cars on the register but there are a lot more out there that are not registered. The came the 750 F Veloce spider register and the Sprint Veloce Register.

Last night I went into view my stats to see what people were looking at on my website. Surprisingly it isn't the registers that people are viewing, it is the "paint code" page showing all the paint codes that Alfa Romeo has used over the years (update forth coming) .

The other pages that people are viewing and downloading are the pages showing the Carello catalog pages for the 750-101 cars. These pages being viewed constitute about 50% of my hits on the website.
I get hits from all over the world and in some of the strangest places (Sao Tome - who has a Alfa there?)

There will never be an end to collecting these Veloce's as there will always be some that never make the pages as some do not want their cars known for privacy reasons. There are a lot of cars that do not have the owners names or locations published at their request in the registers.

I thank all of you who have sent me your registrations, photos and history. If you see a car that is not in the register send me the info and i will make sure to get it in there. You can view the register on y our cell phone.

Just today I received a Sprint Veloce registration in Greece.

I just want to say "Thank You!" to all of you who use the Veloce Register website.

·
Super Moderator
12,584 Posts
Hey Chris,
Thanks for doing this! It helps keep track of these cars, and as insurance companies will tell you, helps avoid theft. If everyone knows every car, it's very hard for a thief to sell or renumber one. Documentation is critical.
I would advise NEW buyers to re-regester with Chris so owner history can be tracked. This has been done for most of the valuable Ferrari's for some years, and creates a logical chain-of-ownership for future caretakers.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*high five* to Gordon. :)

I cannot tell you how important the history of a car is. Once it is gone it is almost impossible to find where a car has been. So many just pass it off as not important. If you want to help preserve the history of a car for provenance, every detail is of the utmost importance. Especially if you want to prove your car for FIVA or ISA Gold, you need to know the history from day one to you. As I mentioned I just got a new Sprint Veloce in Greece to the register. The current owner has given me all of the history from day one including photos of before and after the restoration. It is perfect how he did it to show the cars provenance. I notice that even Fantasy Junction is now stepping up with more detailed photos showing the numbers of Betone/Pininfarina. All is getting better.

·
Registered
316 Posts
since '76

Hey Chris,

I figure I've been helping you since 1976, to this day I have my first 1600 Veloce (and a second). Plus two '58 spider Veloce's! So, I guess I'm in for the long haul. Keep up the good work!

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts