Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Alfa BB,
I am sure you have noticed by now that Veloce nel Verde is trying some new innovations to enhance the AROC Convention experience. By far our largest innovation is the Concorso and Field Meet that happens Saturday July 18th. Imagine 300 or 400 Alfas on one field with every one visiting, kicking tires, telling lies and having fun. You really don't want to miss the first all Alfa Field Meet! BIll Eastman and David Salvador have planned a good one. We even have Keith Martin as MC for the event.

During my long stint as an AROC board member and Club President, I had to remind the club on more than one occasion that… “This is supposed to be fun!” and “We are the Alfa Romeo OWNERS Club.” It is a distinction that is important. I have attended 22 or so conventions, at all of them the event I always found the most tedious was the Concors d’ Elegance. Traditionally the Concorso is always about the cars, not about the people who own them. I have participated in the event both as a judge and as an exhibitor. From that experience, I have come to realize; I never got to have any fun at any of them, I was always too busy.

The Veloce nel Verde Concorso and Field Meet is our attempt to put fun back into the event; give us time to look at all the Alfas, visit with all the owners, take pictures, socialize, network and have some fun. Our goal is to have 100% of the registered Alfas on the Field, with 100% of their owners present and having fun with each other. It is a doable goal, that if accomplished will be a never before Alfa Romeo OWNER experience.

Knowledgeable and experienced judging will be available for those of us who truly feel the need to have our cars judged. Traditional Awards will be given for first, second and third place in class. There will be additional Judging for the AROC special award, the Certificato D’ Oro, for cars scoring 95 points or more during the primary judging. Please plan on participating with your Alfa, it will be fun, you can bet on it!

To take part in any of the events at Veloce nel Verde you must register. Several folks have emailed to ask… “Since the Field meet is listed as a no charge item, can I show my car without registering at the convention?” Actually, the registration fee is the entry fee for the Field Meet, (and also the Concorso). The event is open to the public for viewing, but if you want to park an Alfa on the field you must register for the convention. No car will be allowed on the field with out a windshield number.

The Committee organizing the convention has designed a most amazing event, all we need now is you. Register today, there are still openings for participation in every event. (However the Notte Italiana dinner and Ron Tonkin Museum Tour are nearly full), You really will have fun! I'm having fun just organizing it for you. All we need is for you to participate. We have even added a spot into the schedule for informal Web group meetings at 6:00 pm Friday July 17 th. There will be a message board at the information center for various groups to use to organize their meetings.

If you would like a personal copy of the complete schedule or a registration form, please email me off list at <[email protected]> - Bill Gillham - Veloce nel Verde chairman

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts