Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For my giulietta 1960 I need a back plate for the brake drum right for the rear axle.
I have two left ones NOS.
So if someone can help me with a good one a can swap or buy.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wasn't very clear before, but I need a veloce brake back plate for the rear axle on the right side.

·
Premium Member
21,697 Posts
I have one, let me see which side. Small rear drums, not the large helical finned ones, right?
Andrew

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correct Andrew, for the medium size drums.
Right side rear axle.
please show a picture so I can compare.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much Andrew!
My car is waiting for this plate to be on his wheels for the first time after 45 years

·
Premium Member
21,697 Posts
Here's mine. It doesn't have the bracket yours does, but it is the right side. I have 58 Normal and 60 Veloce Spiders, and both have this same backing plate. You have a Sprint, and it's different because of the fuel tank? If so we failed to appreciate that. Sorry.

On yours the cylinder is at the top and the adjuster is at the bottom? That looks right, since the little "drain" is oriented downward in the photo.

Andrew

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,697 Posts
It's at a different orientation, rotated upward like 90* compared to Spider and Sprint Normale ones. Not sure it's an exact difference, so you could move it by one attaching bolt?

Andrew

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
You can make the parking brake bracket and weld it to the backing plate. The SS and SV gas tanks are too large for the Normale and Spider Veloce parking brake systems.

·
Registered
435 Posts
For my giulietta 1960 I need a back plate for the brake drum right for the rear axle.
I have two left ones NOS.
So if someone can help me with a good one a can swap or buy.
is this what you need?, I will need to seperate it from the differential so it may take a few days. I would trade for the one you have but I need to check to see aabout shipping.

Mike Villani

Attachments

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes Mike, that's the one!
Meanwhile I've been offered a new one in Germany.
I will have to go there on the 10th of January and will let you know if I still need it.
Thanks for your kind offer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts