Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VARA will have their next race September 25-26 at Buttonwillow Raceway Park. Buttonwillow Raceway is located on Lerdo Hwy. off Interstate 5 between highways 58 and 46. For more information, go to www.vararacing.com. I'll be there with my good ol' #681 and BB member Bob Wass will be there with his yellow #85 GTV. Both of us will be running in B Sedan. Hope to see some of you there!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I will be doing both actually, I charge an hourly rate of $50 but its double if you want me to wear the skirt.

Thanks Mark,
Richard

·
Registered
49 Posts
That' was at my birthday party. I thought Richard was sober...

There was a hula hoop contest?

Wasn't this thread about our race this weekend?

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RtbRacer said:
It will be a shame to lose one of my best customers :(

LOL
Richard
Who Efrain?.....It was at his party and I heard you were there quite late. Were you offering 2 for 1 dances that night?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I hope he is not overseeing the contest Mark. That boy moves like a frozen fish.
I hope you take the money you make and invest in some dance lessons Richard. Don't let the "incident" stiffen you up Richard...you know the one I am talking about...let the life flow through your body bro.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vintage911racer said:
It was about our race this weekend. It is about our race this weekend. Richard is the entertainment. Hoola hoop contest saturday night.
And big party at mine and Efrain's trailers on Saturday night so, make sure you are there!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am glad you liked that one E. :)

Last time we had a party we invited the entire club. In fact a Porsche guy who threw the party paid for everyone's drinks. Don't you remember Mr. 68 Porsche 912?

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Racer Efrain said:
Much like on the track, Anthony is just a bit behind...
First qualify for the VROC invitaional race in November. Then after I beat you, we'll see who's behind who.

·
Registered
34 Posts
OHHHHHHH! Love the smack. Wish I was going to be racing with you guys! That is going to be a close race!

Secret trick....roll up your windows down the back and through 8...roll em back down coming out of 9. Flaggers will not be able to see you....good for at least .0001 of a second. :)

Also turn the radio on to your favorite station as it helps inspire the fire.
Horn is also a great tool for intimidation! I remember passing my bro in the dirt on the back as he missed a shift honking at his ***! Hilarious!

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The race weekend was awesome! Saturday morning I qualified 3rd overall in a 31 car field and 3rd in B Sedan. I was pretty jazzed about this. When it came time to get ready to go on the track, I did my regular pre-session check list. When closing the hood my dad noticed a crack on my bell housing. Upon further looking, we noticed chunks were missing. I obviously was not going to make my session. We pulled it out and noticed that one of the studs that holds the bellhousing to the transmission broke. The nut/bolt then started banging around in there (amazingly not hitting the fork) started to break the bell housing. I heard this happen, but it occured at the same time as I passed over rocks thrown on the track thanks to a spinning Datsun. I thought nothing of it because I only heard the noise then. We had the car back together last night. I took it out for a shakedown in this mornings pracitice session and it seemed to be ok. When it came time for the race, I was no happy about starting on the last row. When the green flag dropped I passed about 13 cars going into turn one. At the end of the first lap I was in 5th place overall and 3rd in class. The next couple laps, I moved my way up to 3rd and remained there till the last lap when I fell back to 4th overall. I still was able to wrap up 3rd in class. Next stop is Las Vegas in a month.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts