Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a vanity plate on their alfa that is related to the car?

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
I think this has been shown in another thread but, here it is again. I already have the "Old age", but I'm still working on improving the "Treachery" part...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Vanity Plates on Alfas?

Sorry guys and girls...

My Alfa has it's original CA plate and will remain that way, the same way Pat bought it for me. My personalized or "vanity" plate is on my everyday non-Alfa driver in memory of my husband. You can see it below in my signature. The PATSYF is surrounded on the license plate frame with the following: "Note Brevi is silent; the legacy is timeless." It's the California arts plate in recognition of Pat and our children's dedication to the arts plus the plate has the palm trees and sunset that Pat loved in California.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I like this one!!

Rob Favali (bber from Burlington, VT) probably cannot get to his car right now (back problems and Alfa bedded for the VT winter) so I'll post this for him.:D

I've got collector plates on both my Alfas, but if I could, I'd go for "SPQR" for you Latin scholars and Italian bbers!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
164q

Self explanatory to Alfisti. To everyone else I imagine they think my head is swelled and I dress to the 9's everyday :D.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
On my Milano:

Believe I got the idea from somebody here-- thanks.

·
Alfa-Less
506 Posts
Rob Favali (bber from Burlington, VT) probably cannot get to his car right now (back problems and Alfa bedded for the VT winter) so I'll post this for him.:D
Gordy,
Thanks for the advertisement!!

You forgot to add that the temporary "sticker" over the logo was after you let me play with the Seattle Alfa folks during the Seattle convention. It was my unofficial badge since the Vermont AROC is defunct. ;)

I get many comments on the plate.....the vast majority do not know how to pronounce it so it makes for a good conversation piece.

-Rob

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine has been ordered - it hit me in the middle of Alabama driving my very first Alfa home to Colorado after making the purchase in Florida. I was driving somewhat of a backroad from Birmingham towards Memphis early one morning, almost giddy about how much I was enjoying my new Spider on the nice, smooth, windy road. I came over a hill and saw a large, dilapidated sign with big hand painted block letters gleaming in the sun. The sign said simply "ALFALFA". If I'd only had a camera...

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Nothing like the sound of an Alfa V6

I recently had a Stebro exhaust system installed on my 164LS....and while the car sounded great before, the free flow exhaust really opened up the car's 'vocal chords.'

Thus the inspiration for the plates I just received.

WA state has a requirement for a front plate... not sure how my interpretation will play with the local authorities...state plate is in the trunk.

Attachments

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,452 Posts
Apparently I'm the only honest man here :D

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
I have "Alfisti" on the Spider, "Alfisto" on the 164, and "Alfista" on the GT. I had the Spider on display at Concorso Arizona last fall and some dolled up lady looked at the plate and told her husband/boyfriend that she should have that plate since she is "All Feisty".:rolleyes:

Arno Leskinen
AROC-USA National Concours Chair
164LS
1972 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S

1 - 20 of 26 Posts