Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow alfabbers

Anyone here know where to find a Valve cover blanking plate?

I do not have the tools to fabricate one, does anyone know If one Of the many egr blanking plates available for other makes and models would work on a 73’ 2 liter?

They do not offer measurements in the listings unfortunately
Thanks all in advance!

·
Administrator
3,814 Posts
The Alfa plate is slightly offset, so that EGR plate in your picture won't work (exhaust gas re-circulation valve plate). Why do you need to close the plate on the cam cover ?? Are you running a GTA vented cap or do you have an older vented block ??

You can make a vent cover out of almost anything, steel, aluminium, thickish plastic sheet. It's not load bearing or structural, so just to close the hole.

You need some venting or on a long run you develop crankcase pump-up which eventually pops the dipstick 3" up and hoses the engine bay down with a pretty good coat of fine oil spray which the fan distributes beautifully over everything.... guess how I know. A GTA cap solved that problem till I could install an early engine with the vented block

Ciao
Greig

·
Premium Member
21,714 Posts
If you have another vent, as Greig explains, you could cover I think with an Alfetta tach drive cover from a water pump. If not perfect it's very close. But if you don't provide a vent for the crankcase it'll find one for you.
Andrew

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have another vent, as Greig explains, you could cover I think with an Alfetta tach drive cover from a water pump. If not perfect it's very close. But if you don't provide a vent for the crankcase it'll find one for you.
Andrew

Thanks Andrew, I’ll look into finding one.

I do not think I have space for the oil catch can on the driver’s side.

So I’m going to try and find a spot for it by the windshield washer bracket.

In which case I’ll probably try and find a valve cover tube that points towards the firewall.

If anyone has one, please let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts