Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

This is my first post, so I'm sorry it's a question, and doesn't contain pics of my father's car that I am here to ask about. I promise I will get pics, but currently the car is transmission/engine-less, and it's a pretty basic red 1989 Graduate.

My dad bought a 1989 Alfa 105/115 Graduate from an auction; had piles of problems, which was perfect, because he loves these cars, and has been working on them for like 40 years (with large gaps), and loves fixing these things. He has since basically completely rebuilt every mechanical component on this car, save for the engine, which is the last thing he needs to do, and is why I am here.

Where can I find the engine specifications for his 1989 Alfa 105/115 2000cc? He asked me for valve clearance specifications specifically, but I haven't been able to find them, so I figure I'll go buck wild and get everything for the engine, since he's completely rebuilding it anyways. He has the specifications up to something like 1968 in this old service manual for what seems to be every Alfa up until then, but it doesn't include his car/engine.

I was hoping for a "documents" section somewhere, but no luck. If someone knows of a reliable source for accurate information for his car, I would greatly appreciate it. Kindof hoping to avoid "intake is <blah>, exhaust is <blah>", but rather a pic of the specifications from a service manual (or similar).

TIA, I really do appreciate any help I can get.

·
Administrator
17,045 Posts
Welcome to the BB.

I bought a DVD from Car Disc. It has all the relevant shop manuals, owners manuals, TSB's, etc and even some period advertising.

1982-1989 is L-jetronic, 1990-1994 is Motronic.

In addition to the appropriate shop manuals, this BB is an excellent resource. In the Spider section there is a Spider Technical FAQ - lots of additional info there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the BB.

I bought a DVD from Car Disc. It has all the relevant shop manuals, owners manuals, TSB's, etc and even some period advertising.

1982-1989 is L-jetronic, 1990-1994 is Motronic.

In addition to the appropriate shop manuals, this BB is an excellent resource. In the Spider section there is a Spider Technical FAQ - lots of additional info there.
Thank you so much, I'll look into those CDs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts