Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone making a good reproduction of the original 750D tachometers?
Opinions on market value of a used tacho (working but needs cosmetic restoration)?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I imagine the value depends on what sort of unit you start with.

Both of the tachos below are 750D units and both need some work - the first one (US variant) is quite sad and needs complete restoration whereas the one below (European variant) just needs a light oiling and calibration check.

I imagine that they would sell for quite different amounts.

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
The short answer on repo's is no.. never heard of one. Not as easy as fake Rolexes I guess... not the market.

The top gauge in Chris's post has led a life I don't think I would want to know. It's pretty much worthless in my opinion. There are plenty of good gauges out there for Normale's especially that have been in dusty dark places and the cleaner they are and more complete with mounting bezel and bracket with knurled nuts the better they are., I think $150-175 is a fair price for a seller and buyer, if it is in good clean, complete condition. It should operate as well as any old watch that has been on the shelf for years. I've never had to send my stuff out for an expensive restoration ( I've heard numbers like $2000 that fall short of performing properly) if they are clean from the get-go and just need some chrome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts