Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I brought a 1976 Alfa Junior 1600 1976 model last year and my question is a previous owner removed the vacuum pipe as shown in the picture can any one advise on why this might have been done and where should it be connected to any advise would be welcome, just trying to improve braking,

Thanks

Steve

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,584 Posts
I brought a 1976 Alfa Junior 1600 1976 model last year and my question is a previous owner removed the vacuum pipe as shown in the picture can any one advise on why this might have been done and where should it be connected.
I sure can't tell you with any certainty why a previous owner did some hare-braned thing. But if it's any consolation, most PO's do stuff like that.

Most likely, the disconnected servo had some fault that was "fixed" by disconnecting the hose. Perhaps it wasn't releasing pressure on the rear circuit when the driver's foot came off the brake pedal.

The loose hose doesn't look like it was blocked off. Does it suck in air while the engine is running? It looks like an open path from the intake manifold to the atmosphere, which would create rough running (and make a lot of noise!). If you can't feel/hear vacuum at the hose end, then the PO must have blocked it off somewhere else.

Where does the hose connect? Hard to describe verbally; there should be a hose bung on the servo. How is other booster connected to vacuum?

Am I seeing two different styles of boosters on your car. If so, this would also be evidence that the PO was playing with the braking system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts