Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I have just replaced the brake m/c, Booster, flex lines, and rebuilt calipers on my 90 spider quad. All went well until I bled the last caliper and the pedal did not return fully. I couldn't move it back with my hand. this morning the pedal is back and is firm.
while bleeding there was a sound coming from the booster that reminded me of a whoopee cushion.
Looking through the workshop manual it looks like I should check the "no return valve". I thought the plastic fitting on the booster checked the vacuum but inspecting the old booster it looks like it is just a fitting for the vacuum line. Can anyone tell me where the "No return valve" is located so I can check and see if that is the problem.
Anyone have any ideas what I should check? They seem OK today but being that it's the brakes I would like to be thorough!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,688 Posts
At least on L Jet and earlier cars, there is a one-way valve where the vacuum line comes off the intake manifold. I can't say specifically on a Motronic car. Can you post a pic of the vacuum hose take-off at the intake?

Andrew

·
Premium Member
4,518 Posts
Follow the hose from the booster to the intake. Were the hose is connected is the valve.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,496 Posts
The valve is basically only there to hold vacuum in the booster so you still get brake boost if the engine dies. If it fails I don't think it'll cause the issue you're describing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the help! It looks like it is part of the intake manifold. I checked the valve and checked it all is well. I'm not sure what the sound was but the booster is working and brakes are solid. Now all I need is nice weather!
Andrew and Tom I hope you made out OK with all that rain you've had!
John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts