Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a significant vacuum leak coming from around the injectors on my 89 grad. The injectors are loose, I can move them around and there is about a 2mm travel up and down. With the engine running, when I move the fuel rail backwards a bit, I can hear a vacuum leak coming from around the injectors, specially #1 and #4.
There is about a 2 mm gap between the injectors and the mounting bracket that is held by 2 allen bolts, black arrow in the pic below.
Is this an indication that the injectors need to be rebuilt/replaced? or can the rubber or plastic pieces be replaced?

Attachments

·
Registered
what part?
9,996 Posts
the rubber/ platic parts can be replace... if you need them quick and don't want to pay $10-15 in shipping cost.. go to your local parts store and get the seals kit from a 280 z car.. same seals.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent news! Does the intake plenum have to come off to be able to remove the fuel rail?

·
Administrator
17,388 Posts
Excellent news! Does the intake plenum have to come off to be able to remove the fuel rail?
No. The allen head screws can be difficult to access - some will need a long allen wrench, others a short one to get under an obstruction.

As Bianchi says, there are many other more 'common' cars that use the same size injectors and it'll be easier to get new seals if you ask for them from another vehicle. I found some for a Cadillac V-8 that were the right size!

If you are removing the fuel rail & injectors I suggest you consider replacing the fuel rail to injector hoses, too (unless you know they are quite new).

Those fuel hoses are 7mm ID - not a common auto store item. I bought a few feet (lifetime supply) from IAP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts