Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Vacancy for speak english

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Peter 
#1 ·
Hi

my name is matthieu, I have a giulia 1750 bertone.

I discovered this site for speak about alfa.

BUT i have a probleme for my new jod I have to speak english.

I owe going to a country englophone in aout

if some one have a deal or idea.

thank

#4 ·
Vacancy for Speak English

Welcome to the board....I assume based on where you live that your primary language is French. If you really get stuck, there are a few on the board who speak and read/write French; while it may be a slow process waiting for them to notice the post, one of them could probably translate it to English.

There are many in your same situation restoring cars, having a family and lack of money to put toward it which makes the progress slow, but it's worth it in the end.

You might also use the bb just to read and familiarize yourself with the English language and it's use, albeit not all the posts are proper English and there are a lot of idioms used as well as humor and sarcasm.

#6 ·
So, you need to learn English because your job is sending you to England. Well, bring your Alfa, everyone will want to talk to you then.
I stopped at a BIG Alfa dealer outside Paris a few years ago, nice place!

Welcome to the BB! :D

#8 ·
So you must know Broyax. If you see him slap him for me. LOL

Welcome onboard. I fyou have to leave in a month in England, then you ll learn english there cause in 1 month there is so much you can do. If you have a year then ok but move where they only speack english, you ll have nbo choice to learn fast. Places like MOntreal is too easy to get french stuff like TV and paper, and you become lazy not making such an effort to learn english.
Hope the best for you

#9 ·
Maybe your company can send you to some basic conversational English classes or pick up a "Rosetta Stone" style software program that can help you in a crash course of English? Also - quite a few English people speak some French, you may find someone there that can help translate.

#11 ·
Bienvenue Mon Ami!

Every time I go to Montréal or Québec Province (to visit relatives), I learn more French, the hard way...Actually using it. Luckily, in Montréal, most people are Bilingual so it helps when I have to go back to English. Jump in with both feet, you'll be surprised how much you'll learn.

Bon chance!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.