Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if that fellow (Brock) ever finished his V8 Spider conversion? (I was cruising the web and his thread came up) The reason I ask is that I have had a V8 (Ford HO 302 fuel injected, smog legal) 1978 Spider on the roads of San Diego for over 10 years. Stock front suspension (sport springs, yellow Konis), 9 inch rear (konis, again), stock brakes (racing pads), T-5 world class 5-spd., Ron Davis custom radiator, etc. It wasn't easy nor cheap and I would never do it again (I'd buy a used Ferrari), but it is VERY unique. Anybody know of another? It's been at the S.D. Italian Festa and Coronado speed week in the past 5/6 years so I know people have seen the car. I have not driven it the past couple of years as we were rebuilding our house after the fire, but it still exists and might be for sale (the Alfa purists HATE the car!). So, if you're still out there Brock, write me and we can share notes.

·
Registered
312 Posts
alfasax, lots of purists here as well, but most of us would relish seeing a well made car.

post photos!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Yep, photos would be great. You can fill the vacuum left by Brockbr.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Photos

Thanks for your interest in the "Al-ford" or the "Italian Stallion." (I especially like that one!) Photos will be forthcoming in the next few days. This car was a labor of love since I received no support from the Alfa community (Danny of FAM kicked me out of his shop when I asked for help with it: new Danny is GREAT, however) so a couple of old hot rodders pitched in. The firewall was cut and the engine dropped in as low and back as possible so that now, even with the heavy nine inch rearend (stock location with boxed control arms and poly bushings), the car has 55% front, 45% back weight distribution (total weight is 2640 dry). So it is/was possible. The only clues to its hidden identity are the discreet 5.0 emblems on the front fenders and, of course, that great Flowmaster sound! Later.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I saw the car a couple years ago at the Italian Fest in San Diego. The car is well built and you wouldn't know it has a big Ford engine in it. Nice installation and tight fit. Nice job! Just not my particular taste in Alfa's. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts