Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,193 Posts
No way that Spider has a V8! Most likely, the seller has no idea of what sort of engine is under the hood - probably believes that ALL cars have V8 engines. The gear shift looks completely stock, the hood doesn't have any bulges, and the exterior looks too original for the drivetrain to be trick.

I really like the K-Mart steering wheel cover!

·
Super Moderator
10,193 Posts
Speaking of V8 Alfas

Well, that 80's era Alfa doesn't look like it has a V8 to me, but here's a '69 currently on ebay that DOES have a 350 with turbohydromatic (or whatever). I didn't note the ebay # (would anyone on the Digest really want this thing?), but the auction was current as of 8:20 Pacific time on Oct 3rd.

Much as I turn my nose up at engine swaps, particularly ones that involve automatic transmissions, I have to admire any V-8 --> Alfa spider swap that maintains the stock hood. I wonder how far the engine protrudes into the interior - it looks like the builder set it way back so that the aircleaner could clear the hood. And, what the heck is he using for a master cylinder? It seems to point toward the left curb.

The usual disclaimers: Not my car, I have no interest in seeing it sold, and no I don't own either FIAT or GM

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts