Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Milano, 1986 Spider Veloce, 1977 Alfetta GTV Euro
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the headers, need the 6 into 2 collector pipes. Looking for good used ones or NOS.
Thanks.
'87 Milano Silver

Attachments

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Mark,

The secondary pipes (the ones you need) are almost always the ones to fail, either from rust or from bottoming out. I had, for years, at least 2 nice pairs of primary sets like you have, and I never found mating secondaries, so they all ended up in the trash. You may be best off having secondaries fabricated or having a nice collector made right near the flange and then using a single pipe from each collector to come down and to mate to the middle section. Burns Stainless and Summit Racing sell nice collectors and mandrel bends. That was my plan, but...

By the way, you may want to save yourself some trouble... These headers on a 2.5 won't do you any favors at all (tend to scrape ground, don't typically fit well even at the manifold, blow out gaskets easily at flange, marginal if any power gain), and will generate a LOT more heat - plan on building heat shielding for power steering circuit, motor mounts, and A/C components. Can be difficult to install properly on a Milano with A/C as well. But, they do sound better!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts