Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI,1988 Milano Gold Auto
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need one of the white plastic holders on top of the timing cover. Available?

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
I think a BB member was going to have these reproduced and did the modeling, but not enough people spoke up. I am still interested in reproduction OE versions.
I still have a few good used ones around in case you can't find one.

·
Joe Elwell
194 Posts
Rob - I'd be interested in an 'almost new' condition used one, or would be happy to chip in to defray costs on developing a reproduction one if there were enough takers.

Having said that, @Smithy, if you'd be interested in producing another set of the ones you made for your car, I'd be willing to make sure it was worth your time. I have to say, that cleaning up the engine bay wiring and hoses is high on my list of items to do when I replace the current engine (soon). That engine not only sounds great, but it's beautiful to look at, and deserves a nice presentation.

Joe

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PM sent

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still looking for one!

·
Registered
174 Posts
If a fellow BB’er has a solid model of the two white plastic wire holders, I’ll get them 3D printed in white plastic.

·
Registered
671 Posts
My cost on these (using Synergeering to print in structural nylon) is $19.50. Would be happy to sell at cost, but need to get an order of 50 in. I'm in for 2 pieces...

This is the material we use at OEMs in Detroit to test things like intake manifolds, coolant connections etc. It's nice stuff. It's way cheaper to 3D print them using FDM but the surface finish and material properties aren't as nice. This is glass-filled Nylon.

I had tried to set up a group-buy website for stuff like this but never really got up and running:

·
Registered
671 Posts
If a fellow BB’er has a solid model of the two white plastic wire holders, I’ll get them 3D printed in white plastic.
send me email g35blyth at gmail and I'll provide you with model if you want to try. I think some of the radii will be tight for your machine but maybe not :)

·
Joe Elwell
194 Posts
My cost on these (using Synergeering to print in structural nylon) is $19.50. Would be happy to sell at cost, but need to get an order of 50 in. I'm in for 2 pieces...

This is the material we use at OEMs in Detroit to test things like intake manifolds, coolant connections etc. It's nice stuff. It's way cheaper to 3D print them using FDM but the surface finish and material properties aren't as nice. This is glass-filled Nylon.

I had tried to set up a group-buy website for stuff like this but never really got up and running:

Would really want these, and I'd be happy to pay much more than $20. I see your site has 0 days left. If it's live, I'd surely contribute.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Would really want these, and I'd be happy to pay much more than $20. I see your site has 0 days left. If it's live, I'd surely contribute.
I updated the site to make a new campaign. Added $7.65 to each price tier to cover USPS small flat rate box. We can see how this goes!

·
Registered
174 Posts
send me email g35blyth at gmail and I'll provide you with model if you want to try. I think some of the radii will be tight for your machine but maybe not :)
Graham, thank you for offering to send the model. My plan was to go to Protolab for a quote...no idea how expensive it would be. Since you are set up to print the parts in the desired material, I’ll gladly go with yours. I’ll sign up for 3 on your site.
-Jim

·
Registered
671 Posts
Graham, thank you for offering to send the model. My plan was to go to Protolab for a quote...no idea how expensive it would be. Since you are set up to print the parts in the desired material, I’ll gladly go with yours. I’ll sign up for 3 on your site.
-Jim
Awesome. Just need 21 more people to sign up for two. Spread the word? Would be great to get these produced.

And FYI, my Protolabs PA12 quote was $9.84ea for 50 pieces. I know $20 is ridiculous for a clip but these will be from a very reputable shop with parts on nearly every proto engine in Detroit today. I think the price increase will be worth it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts