Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang,

I have a question regarding the oil pump drive gear. The distributor/oil pump drive pulley that the timing belt drives is connected to a shaft that has a gear on the other side. There is a nut (with a lock washer) that holds this gear on. Does anyone know what the proper torque value is for this nut? I checked the workshop manual and didn't see anything referring to this. I just DO NOT want this thing coming off, I'd hate to think of what would happen.......

thanks
AlfaBeta

·
Registered
418 Posts
Dad and I did that seal about a month ago on my 2.5 and we couldn't find it either. Had a guess and torqued it to 60ft-lbs I think which seems fine an lines up roughly with other bolts of the same size and pitch.

Scott

·
Registered
487 Posts
Not sure about the torque but I learned the hard way about not locking the washer in place!:mad:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure about the torque but I learned the hard way about not locking the washer in place!:mad:
Oh no! That had to be pretty bad since the oil pump would stop working also. I guess the engine cut out pretty quickly however since you would also lose spark?

AB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts