Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Should be an easy question, and everyone needs these in the emergency parts kit....Does anyone know the OEM manufacturer name and part number for the three pin female connector that plugs into the right angle blue socket on the V6 distributor?

I assume these are AMP or Molex or Bosch/Tyco automotive connectors. These should be available retail from 5igikey or Mouser; or from any industrial distributor source.

Please let me know; and our electronics purchasing group will stock these along wwith the Hall Effect sensors. These Hall effect sensors are $5 OEM parts; not $50 parts.

Thanks!

(Retired from the auto/electronics industry)

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Let me know if you find them as I'd be interested! RockAuto has some expensive ones that look like they include the connector as well. Maybe you can figure out the connector part number by cross referencing one of these. I picked up a cheap spare from them a while back when they had a clearance on them but it did not include the connector.

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # LX639 (looks more stock as has the light blue connector)

and

AIRTEX Part # 4P1195 (black connector)

Here's a pic of the Stg Mtg Prod one:

Kevin

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the update.

Do you have a vendor and part number for the
wiring harness side / white connector that plugs
into it?

Looks like a similar plug and socket on Hall Effect
Distributors on BMW and Volvo with Bosch ignition
Systems.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Hi Kevin!
I need to start rebuilding the early V6 distributors, I've run out of good used ones !
I need to find a source of replacement Hall sensors.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I still have one of the ones I bought off RockAuto years ago buried somewhere. I've still got a bunch of stuff I need to post for sale if I can get off my duff and do it...

I thought you got rid of all the Alfa's?

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
These sensors were not only used in ALFA's, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes , and VW's. Not unique to ALFA Romeo any car that had this Bosch system in the 80's also need this part. Saw on the Porsche Forum and will search. BTW Glennco if you need a distributor I'll trade it for my CDI box? Got a 2 pin and a 3 pin! What you need?

Yea Kevin all the stuff you gave me!! I'll give it all away!

·
Premium Member
13,989 Posts
I need to start rebuilding the early V6 distributors, I've run out of good used ones !
The early GTV6 distributors used inductive (VR) sensors. From about 84 on they used the same hall effect sensor that was used on Milano's. The early ones have a star wheel rotor and the later ones have the can type.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts