Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to post this in the parts section but I thought I would put it here as well.

I am replacing the crankshaft in my GTV6 race car with my spare unit, which was balanced to my rotating assembly at the same time as the original. (Please don't ask me how I screwed up the original) Well all systems are a go until I go to bolt on the lightened flywheel that RJ made for me. It seems this crank does not have the pilot that the flywheel picks up on.

Which leads to further head scratching, (not a good idea since what little hair there is up there is getting a little lonely)and the discovery that the pilot diameter on the V6 crankshaft is a pressed in bushing that this crank is missing.

So does anyone have a door stopper, chewed up crank that they can pull that bushing out of and send me?

On a similar note I am looking for (2) good cam belt covers as well.

Greg

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Kevin,

RJ mailed me one, so yes I got it.
Got a cam belt / timing cover as well. But I could still use one more of those.

Greg

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WRT the bushing I was missing in my crankshaft. If anyone else ever needs to do this.
FYI, there is no shoulder inside the crank bore where this bushing goes. You need to be careful knocking it in to not go to deep. In my case you can see the difference in surface finish and figure it out.

Greg

·
Registered
311 Posts
I stumbled on this thread just as I am working on another 3.0 from a 164s to put in my GTV6. Looks like this crank is missing the pilot bushing mentioned. Unavailable from the usual parts suppliers, does anyone here have a good one to sell?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts