Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am replacing the crankshaft in my GTV6 race car with my spare unit, which was balanced to my rotating assembly at the same time as the original. (Please don't ask me how I screwed up the original) Well all systems are a go until I go to bolt on the lightened flywheel that RJ made for me. It seems this crank does not have the pilot that the flywheel picks up on.

Which leads to further head scratching, (not a good idea since what little hair there is up there is getting a little lonely)and the discovery that the pilot diameter on the V6 crankshaft is a pressed in bushing, that this crank is missing.

I know I can pull the bushing out of the old one but I am going to use the old one as a spare.

So does anyone have a door stopper, chewed up crank that they can pull that bushing out of and send me?

On a similar note I am looking for (2) good cam belt covers as well.

Oh yes, I need a distributor drive tang off of any 4 cylinder distributor as well.

Greg

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hi Greg,

I believe I can be of help on the two plastic timing belt covers. I should have 2 or 3 sets to choose from.

If you haven't solved that yet, you can e-mail me, and I can send pix to show the best of my spares.

Cheers,
Peter
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone. Got the bushing from RJ, distributor tang from Keith and the covers as well. I am all set.

The BB rules...

Now to get these motors together, I don't have anymore excuses.

Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts