Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure what's ailing my 75 but over the last year I haven't used it very much... Unfortunately each time I park it up it turns into a V5!...

I've been thinking that a sticking injector might be the culprit but anyone have any other suggestions before I start with the spanners...

Cheers

·
Registered
738 Posts
Check the following:

~~spark plugs and gaps and color-cheap to swap
~~spark plug wires-not too spendy to swap if questioning
~~injector plugs!!-these suckers can come loose
~~distributor cap and rotor for pitting and distance gap-cheap
~~water/rain getting in engine compartment/connections

Any of these can change slightly depending on temperature so that may be you are feeling. I have had all of the above at various times :)

And I am sure I am missing a couple other easy check items.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I know this might be obvious but you can check which cylinder isn't firing by starting the car from cold and feeling for the warm outlets of the exhaust manifold as it warms up. When I got my car running after being apart for 15 years, that's how I could tell which injectors weren't flowing.

My car had issues with the injectors; one came back after using fuel injector cleaner but 2 had to be replaced.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I gave up trying to diagnose the problem myself having run just about every scenario I could think of and arranged for my friendly Alfa magician to have a look...

On the morning I arranged to take it over I wandered into my garage, fired her up and was greeted with the full V6 orchestra :thumbup:

Since then it's run on 6 so I've no idea what caused it... Just going to put it down to being Italian!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts