Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before serpertine belts were the norm some 164 12v engines had V-belts. Here is picture of set up.

If you have a RHD model water pump belt is 60571636, alternator belt 60513889 (light background part numbers) Darker part numbers for LHD models. Power steering belt has two choices for either RHD or LHD depending on early or later power steering pulley.

To find a correct size aftermarket V-belt for these 164s you probably will need to take old belt to parts store for a match up with a stretch gauge they usually have for you to match up size and width.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Thanks for that Steve - I assume that post was custom-made for me, after I mentioned on another thread that my 164 had the V-belts. :)

I wonder why there should be a difference between LHD and RHD, but no matter - it just serves to prove that taking the old belt to the parts shop is the only certain way!

Mine at present is wearing a 'Mitsuboshi' belt, made in Japan... that can't be right. ;)

-Alex

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Obviously with the misspelling, it's a Chinese knock-off of a Japanese copy of an Italian design sourced from...

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Mitsuboshi is an OEM brand found original equipment on many Japanese cars in my experience. In the U.S. you would have to buy one of those at a Japanese car dealer. They are of a high quality and I would keep running it if it is still good and the right size.
Charles

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Mitsuboshi is an OEM brand found original equipment on many Japanese cars in my experience. In the U.S. you would have to buy one of those at a Japanese car dealer. They are of a high quality and I would keep running it if it is still good and the right size.
Charles
Yes - the logo is three stars, rather than Mitsubishi which is three diamonds.

This sort of thing is common in NZ due to the very large proportion of Japanese cars on the roads.

I inspected all three V-belts on my 164 last night and they are all in excellent condition, so an opportunity for a modest cost saving.

-Alex

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
This is a V-belt not a flat Poly-V belt

OEM belt 60513237 is available from Germany €13 plus shipping
This belt is for early style V-shaped belt 164 not same belt as used on 164 with flat Poly-V belt 60571636. Never seen a USA model 164 use early style V-belt or V-belt pulleys.

Here are various manufactures part numbers for flat ribbed Poly-V belts:

http://catb.oembrakes.com/automotiveint.pdf

Alfa part number 60571636 same as Micro-rib metric 425K7, etc:
http://catb.oembrakes.com/automotiveint.pdf

Flat Belt is 42.5" (1079mm) long with 7 small v-ribs

Micro-Rib 425K7 Metric 7PK1079 Gates K070425 Goodyear 4070425 Dayco 5070425

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes obviously these belts are for European models only. In any case the OEM belts ARE available, got an email from the German shop today they are in stock.

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am searching for the water pump pulley for a 1992 164 2.0 v6 Turbo, so you know where I can find one in Europe? It is NLA from Alfa.
The AR part number for that v-belt water pump pulley is 60513158. It is used on both V6 turbo and non-turbo with V-belt set up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts