Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday's Bring-a-trailer had under hood photos of a Spider with a Verde 3.0 v-6. While I'm not usually a fan of engine swaps, this one looked incredibly well done, and it looked like it was achieved with the stock hood. Does this car belong to anyone on the BB, or does someone on here know more about it? It would be a great subject for a detailed thread on here, or an article in Alfa Owner.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've seen this conversion online.

http://www.g-site.com/alfaxtc/

Nick Muto in southern California built a few of these. The way he modifies the 164 intake manifold is unique. He also uses a Maserati Biturbo transmission. I have heard that this is the same ZF unit that was used in the Fiat 132 and the Alfa Sei. I also heard that some modification to the transmission tunnel is required...

Larry at Alfa Parts Exchange has a kit to swap the V6 into a 105/115 chassis. He had some bell housings made to adapt the V6 to the Spider/GTV/Berlina Gearbox and fabricated some motor mounts and headers. The rest is up to you. There is a thread here in the Engine conversion section. Larry has a 230 hp V6 in his GTV.

~Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts