Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but anyone know of a useful junkyard in nor cal? I'm looking for 70's Alfa Spider parts

·
Registered
232 Posts
The only place that consistently has parts is Alfa Parts Exchange in Tracy, CA

occasionally, a spider will show up at a pick-n-pull yard, however, they seem to get crushed within a week of arriving in the yard so you need to be fast. You can check their website to see cars in stock.

Kelly

·
Super Moderator
11,775 Posts
I'm with Kelly. There are only a few 70's spiders still on the road, so the liklihood that one will show up at your local wrecker at the time that you visit is pretty low.

What parts are you looking for? If a generic wrecking yard does get a spider, it is more likely to be an 80's or 90 model, so if you need front suspension, drivetrain, etc. those parts will interchange to your 70's car. But expecting to find good chrome bumpers (say) at a local wrecker is pretty optimistic.

You are in "used Alfa parts paradise" already, being within driving distance of APE.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Jay. When you say i'm in used alfa parts paradise already, what are the best means for opening the pearly gates of this paradise? I'm kind of new here.

I am interested in nice shiny bumpers, btw. But have nearly resigned myself to a conversion kit. I've got a '78 with them lovely rubber jobbies.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just ask!

Why not go into the classifieds and just ask? I'll bet there are lots of parts lurking in garages all across Calif. that are available AND cheap in private garages. For example, I have three sets of virtual junk stainless bumpers that with a lot of work, one presentable set might be made. Also have three sets of complete doors, hoods and trunk lids, etc. stashed just gathering dust. Wanted: early '70's Spider parts, specifically.... You got the picture!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
These Guys Are Near LA

I recently was scanning Craigs List for Orange Co. in CA for a wrecking yard that may have some parts I might be interested in. These guys had a recent 88 Quad taken in so I asked if they had an an AC switch and thermostat so I can get my AC fixed. They had the parts, with warrantee, paid by Paypal, and the shipped right to my door in Phoenix. They seemed knowledgeable of the marque and were very easy to deal with. I did it all by email. They might be worth a call if you know what you need.

Might even put an ad in your local Craigs List asking for parts.

Elite Auto Parts
9944 Glenoaks blvd.
Sun Valley, Ca. 91352

Rick 818-516-2413

Richard D <[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts