Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a new or used (not the save as 'dead or alive' mind you) pressure hose for my '91 164S. Banjo fitting at rack and flare nut fitting at pump. The used hose I just bought has a banjo fitting at each end :mad:

I'm glad I have a friend's shop and lift otherwise I'd be ticked to have dropped the subframe while on a creeper just to make that discovery :eek:

Yeah I know, Alfisto Steve does it all the time and you don't hear him complain.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
If you take your old hose tom a hydraulic shop, they should be able to make you a new one.

·
1991 164L
27,780 Posts
Or you can get two crush washers and another fluid bolt and use the hose you got by mistake. It will work if you remove straoght fillting from pump. Makes it a bit harder to change oil filter since S has a oil cooler but using smaller diameter 24v oil filter works fine. I use that filter aka Fram PH3614 on my 164B with S oil cooler.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or you can get two crush washers and another fluid bolt and use the hose you got by mistake. It will work if you remove straight fillting from pump.
That's exactly what my son, the hybrid tech, said I should do. Smart kid.
Back to the lift I go.

Mille Grazie!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts