Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Richard Jemison
7,190 Posts
Headlight covers only fit the round tail Duettos. They will leave gaps on later cars and the later cars don`t have the slot`s around the headlight ring or the lamp mounts located behind the fender opening.

They can be made to fit on racecars, which is perhaps your intention.
Montreal Coupe Oct-2013 x5 006.jpg

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Mark, the '74's will fit my '78 left/right sides. The main concern with older lens covers is drying out, even new ones. They are very protective though, I live in the mountains of Colorado and there is a lot of gravel on the roads that ding the front end. What is the price?
Thank you for letting know,
Mark

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of the previous owners must have modified my '78 in order to fit headlight covers, clip holes are drilled, slots in position for tangs, recessed buckets. I have one driver's side cover that has broken tangs and I found several venders online that sell the rubber boots for the tangs and chrome clips.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Headlight covers only fit the round tail Duettos. They will leave gaps on later cars and the later cars don`t have the slot`s around the headlight ring or the lamp mounts located behind the fender opening.

They can be made to fit on racecars, which is perhaps your intention. View attachment 1611450 View attachment 1611450
Hello Richard, thank you for your advice. So many vendors advertise "complete your Alfa as Farina intended" only to behold 'the gap'.
Mark

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello Ossodiseppia,
Thank you for the information. I won't be driving past 150mph for more than a mile so a few gaps won't cause a lot of vibration.
Mark, in Nederland, CO.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello Brian, @mthomas2911 has not responded to my private and forum emails, so I started to decided to move slowly on ordering from another source by the weekend. The tarps won't be coming off my '78 Spider for a few more weeks then it goes into the garage for cleaning some general maintenance. Thank you for your concern, Mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts