Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I just moved to beautiful southern california and would love any help at all in finding a used alfa dealer that is reputable, please feel free to email any information or possible referrals to [email protected], very eager to add to my collection!

Thanks
Vanessa

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
A used dealer? What do you mean by that? Repair shop, perhaps?

And, where SoCal are you? San Diego, LA, etc?

If you're in LA, try Santo's Italian Car Service in Northridge. Do a search, you'll find their contact info and other people's experience with them. Great reputation, or so it seems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
used alfa dealers

Yes, I'm looking for used dealers to buy a car from, I've Tried Italian in Northridge, today they didn't have any stock...anyone else to try perhaps?

thanks
V

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you live close enough, you should try Alfa Performance Connection (APC) They are in Orange near the 57 Freeway and Katella. Stewart Sr. or Jr. exclusively work on Alfas (my 164LS is my forth in over 30 years and they have worked on all of them).

They often have good condition used cars.

APC 714/279-0500---tell them Arnie recommended them.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Welcome to the BB, Vanessa!

Since Alfa left the U.S. in 1995, and they never imported that many cars to begin with, you can't really expect to find a true used Alfa dealer. As others have suggested however, there are Alfa repair/maintenance and performance shops. Some of the personnel in such shops may have well worked for an Alfa dealer of the day (new cars). There are also dealerships which at one point sold new Alfas, and are still knowledgeable about these cars. Bottom line is, you may find used Alfas at a current repair shop, or old dealer. Some people that want to sell their Alfas will ask their local repair shop to sell their cars, so it is worth checking with the places suggested.

If I were you however, I would not limit myself to just known repair shops. On-line sources, including this BB, do list a good variety of Alfas. In order to ensure that you are getting a good car, you may want to approach one of the repair shops closest to you, and ask if they would help you and inspect a car that you may be interested in. They will charge for the inspection, but it probably wouldn't be much, and it will assure you that your are making a good purchase.

Best regards,

S

·
0 Posts
I have decided to delete the earlier comment which appeared in this space.

Upon further review, I may have been projecting my own fairly recent negative experience(s) (in buying a vehicle) too directly upon this thread or topic.

Sometimes I forget that not all of one's experiences are common, and in so forgetting I opened the door to misunderstanding.

David

S

·
0 Posts
OK. I hear you.

I apologize if you were offended, "thebarn." And I apologize to anyone else who might also feel as you. My comments were not - in any way - directed at you (or who you recommended). I can see how it might have felt differently to you.

Thanks.

David

·
Registered
774 Posts
Is there a good resource on this forum or elsewhere that gives a good overview of what to look for when buying an alfa spider (I'll probably get a late model, but all info is helpful)? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Is there a good resource on this forum or elsewhere that gives a good overview of what to look for when buying an alfa spider (I'll probably get a late model, but all info is helpful)? Thanks!
Welcome to the BB!

There are several threads about this... Here's one which you may find useful: "Spider model years".

Best regards,

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Hi there,
I just moved to beautiful southern california and would love any help at all in finding a used alfa dealer that is reputable, please feel free to email any information or possible referrals to [email protected], very eager to add to my collection!

Thanks
Vanessa
Do you know what model Alfa you want? I know of two Spiders a GTV, possibly two and a Milano Verde for sale in socal. I also saw a real clean looking 164L on Ebay down in south San Diego.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hi Sabrina,
I'm really new to the Alfa Spider line, so I need to start looking to see what I like. My main choices to look into are: 1) 70s 2) 83-84 (per Ernie's excellent post) and 3) 89-95.

I have never driven one, just admired from afar. I live in Claremont, CA - are any of the spiders in so cal?

Also, I'm curious about how one goes about completing the purchase when you want the car inspected by a mechanic...sorry for such a naive question, but I've never bought a used car that I wanted inspected before.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Hi Sabrina,
I'm really new to the Alfa Spider line, so I need to start looking to see what I like. My main choices to look into are: 1) 70s 2) 83-84 (per Ernie's excellent post) and 3) 89-95.

I have never driven one, just admired from afar. I live in Claremont, CA - are any of the spiders in so cal?

Also, I'm curious about how one goes about completing the purchase when you want the car inspected by a mechanic...sorry for such a naive question, but I've never bought a used car that I wanted inspected before.
Actually my name is Glenn, Sabrina is the neck name of my car in the pic. I have three Alfas currently, Jill, Kelly & Sabrina.. Charlies Angles you know :) The two Spiders I'm refering to are in San Diego and are California registered. The current owners are responsible for smog/emmisions and after purchase you would bring to the DMV with title for sales taxes, transfer fees and the next years tags. The Spiders are an 89 Veloce (Black) and another 89 Graduate (White) both have about 112K and are clean. I may buy the black one. The white one is real clean with a vinyl top.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts