Not taking sides on this one :)

Joe

·
Registered
293 Posts
turbolarespider said:
This should help

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/imports/factmtop.htm

For the EPA, the age is 21 years. CARB may have a different idea. So what is a really hot car from '83?

Eric
Hi,

if you bring in a 1983 car as a 1983 car you will have to DOT it.
Is it worth the hassle to install a mileage speedo, key warning buzzer, seatbelt
warning buzzer, useless headlights and some other stuff?
I don't think so.
So for the next 6 weeks 1979 and older and then 1980 and older cars can be imported without any problems.
I hope all these people living in "CARB" states with smog check for cars older than 25 years have friends in some other states ;) ;) ;)

Best regards

Hans

1958 Giulietta Spider
1976 Alfasud 5m
1979 Alfasud Giardinetta
1979 Alfa Sei (4 sale)
1986 Alfa 90 2.0 Super V6
1987 Alfa 33 TD (sold)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Regarding living in Italy - I was recently there on holiday and thought the cost of fuel was crazy. Also the petrol stations are mostly these machines that suck in notes - closed all the time and oh so creepy esp at night. I find driving in Spain where I go regurlarly much nicer and cheaper. Germany has ok fuel prices but there much the same as in Ireland so that means high enough.
There is no restrictions about what u can do to your car in Ireland or Spain once its legal and properly insured - taxed etc.
I found Italy a strange country - not as romantic clean or as magical as I expected - Venice was a dissapointment. I enjoy much more Spain and Germany - much cleaner and prettier with less strange habits etc - so its not the same in all European countries :D

61 - 65 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.